Difficulty in applying/transferring ISA.s until clearing history

Just wasted 1 hr online and 17 mins on phone and feel such a twit now.
Decided to transfer 2 maturing ISAs, mine and O.H., to Shawbrook
All went wel with the first one, but when I tried to do the second it kept coming up with "error" after I'd logged on and tried to apply for the ISA.
Couldn't understand this but the new provider Shawbrook did state it was experiencing very high traffic and calls.
After 1 hour of trying on-line and ringing (at one point their phone number. kept saying there was no such number!) I did eventually get through after being customer no 15!
Helpful agent then told me to to clear history or cookies as my computer had decided I'd already opened an ISA?
Anyway cleared today's history and got straight into opening/transferring another ISA.:T
Never had this happen before.
Anyway done and dusted , at least for another few months.

Comments

• G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Shawbrook is a nightmare.

They are unable to electronically transfer out ISA requests from other providers. They simply reject the electronic request your new provider sends them. They do not tell you, but eventually, once the new provider has informed you of the rejection and you have called, they admit they need a 'manual application'.

This has happened to me twice now. With a fixed amount to transfer to one provider (still waiting for the cheque the new provider to clear), and then again yesterday (toa different provider) a 2nd transfer request 'to close'. This too was rejected so once again I will have to wait for a paper transfer request form in the post......

(the first time, Shawbrook claimed it was the other (the new one) who had IT issues not them).

I'd be interested if anyone has successfully transfered out from Shawbrook electronically.

Or had the same problems as me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport