Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Rosie Flowers
    DVLA Medical Terrible Service Very Slow
    • 13th Jan 14, 6:47 PM
    DVLA Medical Terrible Service Very Slow 13th Jan 14 at 6:47 PM
    Sorry but I also posted this in the Motoring section. I didn't realise this area existed and this may be more relevant here:

I was a driver until some health problems and then when I notified the DVLA my licence was revoked. I decided to reapply for my licence. It seems to be taking an exceptionally long time given that the revoking was a very quick process in which I was ordered by the DVLA to act immediately under the threats of a 1,000 fine!

The DVLA have had medical notes back from my medical people but sent a letter saying it will now take up to 12 weeks which seems a long time.

I am interested to know if anyone else is in this situation or if I am some kind of "special case" that is taking a long time. It seems a very lengthy process for what really seems to be quite a simple box ticking and form filling exercise.

Last edited by Rosie Flowers; 15-01-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Page 4
    • AliMT
    • By AliMT 14th Oct 18, 3:23 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    AliMT
    Yes
    I have the same problem in that mail from the DVLA is tampered with. Do not believe this is a mechanical sorting problem.
    • FrazerIsDumb
    • By FrazerIsDumb 21st Jun 19, 2:16 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    FrazerIsDumb
    How disgusting is it that they can keep someone's licence for over a year.
    My friend was medically induced into a coma due to a very serious head injury. He has slightly damaged vision and has been out of his coma for over a year. Chasing it every day as he needs it for work and they just keep passing the blame saying they are waiting to hear from the guy that done surgery on his eyes. Is there anything he can do to speed it up.
    Thanks in advance
    -Frazer
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 21st Jun 19, 6:07 PM
    • 6,728 Posts
    • 5,042 Thanks
    sheramber
    Phone the surgeon's secretary ( phone the hospital and ask to be put through to Mr X's secretary) and ask if there is a problem with him replying.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

526Posts Today

5,649Users online

Martin's Twitter