PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Grocery Challenge - February 2012

Comments

• Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Dundeedoll - Sorry for your loss (hugs)

For the first time in I don't know how long, today is a No Spend Day! I'll be making a large moussaka for tea tonight and freezing some of it. Taken a chicken out for a roast tomorrow, too.

Have a good day everyone.

KB xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • raphanius
    raphanius Posts: 1,338
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    sistercas wrote: »

snowing here in Sheffield and its settling :cool:

just starting here in chesterfield too
    Wins: 2008: £606.10 2009: £806.24 2010: £713.47 2011: 328.32
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    And here in Wiltshire. Very fine and just a dusting at the moment but it is coming down.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • bestill
    bestill Posts: 57
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Setting budget of £307 for Feb, which sounds quite a bit smaller than my Jan budget but is only 37p per day less (musy be do able).
    Spent £79.52 already! but needed to spend £60 for petrol 10p off. Also have bought stuff to make choc truffles to take to friends house tonight instead of buying shop ones. Truffles are currently chilling in fridge and have make enough to freeze for future use.
  • Oh how I love my NSD's, I'm determined to have lots more this month. Because I'm dieting as well as trying to save money, I'm finding it much easier for both to plan at least a couple of weeks in advance. So although the days that I did go shopping this week were in Jan it was officially Feb's budget.

So far only spent 16.47 but have enough HM meals, fresh & store cupboard goods to keep me going without buying anything for 7-10 days and that should only be something like bread and fruit.

It is such a miserable day so have decided to go and reorganise my freezer - I keep stuffing new stuff in - now I need to take it all out and put the newest at the back and see what lovely things I had forgotten about to put to the front.

Then it will be feet up to watch the Rugby ;)
  • Blairweech
    Blairweech Posts: 1,379
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Can I join please? I have fallen off the money saving wagon of late and need to get back on.

My Feb budget is £50 (just me)

Spent so far: £1 on milk from Lidl :)
    We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment
  • Hi. I have gone back quite a few pages but had to give up in the end. Helen can I be put down for my usual £450 please but I don't mind being a number either. In fact, I don't really look at the list either so personally I wouldn't have any objections to you not doing it at all. Sounds like a lot of hard work for you to be honest.

I have done loads of shopping the last week but that was intentional because I was getting fed up using my days off to be food shopping all the time so a bit of bulk shopping has occurred. I have also done a stock check and it looks like we will have to be eating a lot of chicken this month!

Ooh just started snowing here in the East Midlands!
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • Sazdaz
    Sazdaz Posts: 241
    First Post
    Forumite
    Woohoo managed to go into Mr S to get some little bits I need for my food planed next week and only wandered off the list for one thing which was a bottle of Rose wine which was reduced to £2.99. However if I split that wine over two nights thats £1.50 a night which is cheaper than going to the pub at £3.50 a glass.
    Only spent £21.55 in Mr s and tried to get as much of their basic things as I could. This will take us to the end of week 2 of our grocery challenge with only possibly having to buy another loaf of bread and some milk at the end of the week. Still have about £30 to go on challenge so think we should make it. Got a free delivery voucher from MR S which has to be used by 15th Feb so may possibly write food diary for 22nd (payday)onwards and order our shop a few days early to take advantage of this as this way seems to have worked this month. Wonder if I can reduce Marchs target down from Febs ??????
    APR NSD - 0/10
    Paid off in 2013 so far £125.00
    April Money made - £18.00
  • Sue14
    Sue14 Posts: 987
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    OH went to Mr T's today and spent £9.02 on milk, cat food and clementines, while I stayed home and made some vegetable soup to use up the veg in the bottom of the fridge, some parsnips (in the freezer since Christmas), and half a tin of tomatoes (other half was used in a lasagne on Thursday, which did us for Thursday and Friday dinners). Also made some bread rolls to have with the soup.
    Weight loss challenge 2/10lbs

• tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    DundeeDoll wrote: »
    After long illness, FIL died this morning in nursing home. OH had gone down again Thursday knowing death was imminent. Left me a bit numb. MIL not eating properly so OH buying food for her. Don't know when the funeral is. Will try to keep to budget this month.

My heart goes out to you DD. We lost my MIL nearly 2 years ago now and I know how you feel. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills