PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    I'd love to join this year! Right lets start off with

£75.00

please. Spend so far = £0. but going shopping tomorrow...
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi :)

Of course you can ask questions in the thread :) One of u s will merge this later when you get some more input.

Grocery budget shopping thread should also help

good luck!
    Zip :)
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to be a pain but can I switch to £25 for this month please? :D my lovely mother has just took me to do a tesco shop and spent almost £15 on beans, spices, tea, coffee, tinned fish and pasta!
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • salski
    salski Posts: 292 Forumite
    Options
    £40 of my £70 used for this remainder of week and all next week EEEEK! lol
    Loan finished Sep 2010 - HSBC CC - WAS £750 now £0! Natwest CC - WAS £1600 now £100 - Overdraughts to be worked on! WILL be debt free by mid 2011!!!
    £2000 Saved so far for maternity leave - Our baby girl arrived valentines day! Elsie Ann - WELCOME :heart:
    Sealed pot challenge number 4 - number 1167 - Last day smoking: 8/1/2011
  • Kazsaver
    Options
    Hi all

for some reason i cannot get the text to change colour or to enlarge the text any suggestions? it just shows the written instruction.

did on line shop today for the following week, only spent 59,stocked up on some basics. find it easier to work budget doing it on line. I can still pop in now and again to see if there are any bargins

will spend some time this weekend batch cooking for the following weeks and do a stock take of the cupboards and freezer

Kaz x
  • sharronej
    Options
    Kazsaver wrote: »
    Hi all

for some reason i cannot get the text to change colour or to enlarge the text any suggestions? it just shows the written instruction.
    Kaz x

You need to 'go advanced' when you post and then you will see the options for increasing your text font and also the colour :)

I really hope this question doesn't offend anyone because I'm asking it honestly and without any prejudice - can anyone tell me if Halal chicken tastes the same as 'normal' chicken? Mr T's have them for half price but I've never bought it before. :o

Thank you
    x
  • mothershipton
    Options
    can you put me down for £300. once again we have full cupboards and freezers so we will try again. I looked at last years figures and it looks like we can do it till april then desparation kicks in and a big shop happens. will try harder this year. we did only spend a little bit more than the year before and prices did go up a lot last year so im counting that as a victory!
    Grocery Challenge Feb 16 £346 /400
  • Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone
    2011 is going to be a better year for me, OS-wise & personally, so please may I join in again? Pink, would you put me down for £350 for January? Thank you!
    We have loads of stuff in the pantry/freezer, so I'm off to make some lists so I can plan meals, to minimise my spending!
    Will read back through the thread to get some inspiration & boost my morale - thanks in advance, as I know how helpful & clever you all are! :D
    A xo
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
  • wssla00
    wssla00 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    Options
    Sharron- I would have thought so, it's just the way it has been killed that is different...? I get halal curries and nandos (because of the area I live in it is automatically the meat they use) and it tastes the same as normal chicken
    Feb GC: £200 Spent: £190.79
  • moonpixiewitch
    Options
    Please put me down for £280 for January as I am supposed to be trying to reduce my food bill :o
    Already spent some of this in Mr M and Mr S yesterday and today on "bargains" and tins . Mr M had reduced free range chickens and portions for "silly" money , so i took the opportunity to fill the freezers up for the month ahead. :D
    will update sig tomorrow :beer:
    Started my own business and loving being my own boss
    march gc 144/230
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills