PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

May 2009 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• katiecoodle
    katiecoodle Posts: 352 Forumite
    First Post
    oh what a nuisance I am. Managed to consume too much wine with a neighbour last night and now I could really do with some 'gut luggage' to help me out this morning. And what I really fancy is from a cafe nearby but I've promised myself not to spend anything today.....argh!
  • kayjay1809
    kayjay1809 Posts: 200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well scarily 5 days into the month and a third of my budget has already gone :confused: I've told hubby that we ARE sticking to it, so if it's beans on toast for the last week of May, so be it ;)
    2018 - The Year I Will Declutter!
  • scotsaver
    scotsaver Posts: 824 Forumite
    Just logged on to update my spends in Lidl this morning, my total looking good so far and meal planned for this week, today I'm planning to do an Inventory of the Freezer and cupboards and meal plan for the rest of the Month and then I'll feel a lot better.;)

Dinner tonight is HM Lasagne (from the Freezer), HM Wedges and a bowl of salad.;) Not thought about pudding yet, will see how the mood takes me.:cool:

Have a good day everyone.:D
    "WASTE NOT, WANT NOT!"
    GC for OH, myself, DD18 & DD16 includes Toiletries, cleaning stuff & Food.

• Taye
    Taye Posts: 473 Forumite
    Spent £14.84 over the weekend on some essentials taking my total spent upto £124.84 almost half way though the budget (not good).

I need to go out today and buy some salad stuff/veg but im ok for everything else.
    This months aim :- Stick to food Budget / find £100 for my car insurance
    May GC :- £250/£234.55 :T:A:T
    June GC :- £150/£127.37:eek:
  • Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I haven't spent anything on groceries yet, hoping to make it to the weekend and am attempting to use up the contents of the freezer so I can get it defrosted soon. It's not working, though - it's become one of those 'perpetually filling with leftovers' machines! :D
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I haven't done a big shop yet this month but DH spent a whopping £10 on chicken breasts last night in the co-op!
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • princess_leia_3
    princess_leia_3 Posts: 1,165 Forumite
    I have done my first big shop with Mr T and as it stands at the moment it is £110:eek::eek: so I will update once it has been delivered!
    Just been paying the bills and there is so much less this month that I am going to have to reduce budget to £250 as that is all there is left :(
    So MRS M please can you adjust back to £250 please

Off to do a meal plan and wonder how I can manage to get a childs party within that budget too :rolleyes: wish me luck, I am gonna need it!
    Sealed pot Member target £200 - No. 151
    GC Yearly £3k so far £1097 May£220/£300
    £1k in 100 days so far - £235 :p
    Snowball debt free calculator says DEC 09 - lets hope we can do it!

• I actually spent £19.59, not £20.23, I miss read the recipe, yipppppeee, i shall try to make more mistakes like that:p

Spend for the weekend £14.68 for a work shirt and £20.23 for weekly grocerys not bad so far, with 1 NSD will update my totals later
    1vs 100 £50
    5500/335.25 (5.5K COMING DOWN)
    20.00/10,000(10K GOING UP)
    Not long now
    :)
  • fletch3163
    fletch3163 Posts: 900 Forumite
    £19.72 spent in Tesco yesterday :eek: as part of a HUGE work spend of £75.36. Also just spent £3.23 in M&S for my lunch but will do me more than today. I think this might take me onto triple figures now so :confused: already

Gosh I HATE bank holidays. I spend too much. Already been to the movies once (avoid 17 again if poss, it's pants) and DH and DS away again today to see Volverine (I blame the Scottish weather) so Cineworld gets most of my money again this month :o
    Grocery Challenge M: £450/£425.08 A: £400/£:eek:.May -£400/£361 June £380/£230 (pages 18 & 27 explain)
  • so_here_we_are
    so_here_we_are Posts: 413 Forumite
    Oh i forgot to mention that i did amazingly well, i only got the essentials and a few bits for the cupboard and then my other half says i hope there not happy shopper tinned tomatoes cause i can't eat them, well excuse me but he may be doing his own shopping in future lol
    1vs 100 £50
    5500/335.25 (5.5K COMING DOWN)
    20.00/10,000(10K GOING UP)
    Not long now
    :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts