Beware- Vodafone misleading "loyalty" offer

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    You need to adopt the motto: free gifts are rarely free!
  • malky39
    malky39 Posts: 700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    All these issues trying to sort contract is just par for the course with vodafone, I have spend the last 3 months trying to sort an error on the OH contract which vodafone caused and got promised on numerous occasions that it was sorted. Pretty much got lied to every time. Sadly the contract is for another 20 months and my sim only is for another 6 but will seriously be considering changing suppliers. Vodafone for me great reception and cheap prices, via cash back redemption, but soon as something goes wrong it like going in round in circles with alot of promises that come to nothing.
  • Tempestina
    Tempestina Posts: 39 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've had two of these now. One about six months ago where he was like you're such a loyal customer, keep your account in good standing and always pay on time so you've been selected for a free Huawei tablet. At first, knowing an 8 inch Chinese tablet is about £99 I was like oh great! How nice to recognise a loyal customer of 10 years, that never happens. Then he's like yeah just about £2 a week for 2 years for I think it was 500 Meg data a month. OK, so that's not free because you've said I can't have it if I don't take a data contract. £8 or £10 a month for 500 meg, you're charging me for the tablet. More than if I just bought it off Amazon. I don't want it thanks. He was then rather rude. Like you must be dumb to turn down a free tablet! We can see you have a P20 Pro so why wouldn't you want it?! Because I have 18 gig a month on my phone and don't use 2 a month and also have 2 laptops and a Surface I barely use. If free is a lie and I'm ultimately paying for it, I don't see the value and I don't want it. Guy tried to brow beat me a few mins more but I was on my dinner hour and in the car driving on hands free so I was just like busy mate and bad line buh bye, really poed Vodafone would call a customer who is all the things you said, loyal, pays on time, and fake a loyalty offer that's actually total horse hockey. They called me again today, about 6 months to the day. Oh can see you're an excellent and loyal customer. Just wanted to make sure everything is OK with you and before I can say a word he carries on and offer you a free Huawei tablet. This time I was just like let me stop you there. I've been through the lies about the free tablet before. I was offended then to have my loyalty taken for granted while you lied to me and I said not to call me with such offers again. Now here you are. Not interested and when my contract is up in Feb, I shall be changing networks for the first time in 11 years. I joined them on a Motorola Razr when I first moved to the UK but this is a p take. Thank god I was told about the 'discounted' data charges for the 'free' tablet and not outright lied to even worse like some people were. Very shady business practice and also an outright lie. The tablet is no more free than a contract phone is at £35, £45 a month. A device cost is built into the monthly contract. Bye Vodafone.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Tempestina wrote: »
    I've had two of these now. One about six months ago where he was like you're such a loyal customer, keep your account in good standing and always pay on time so you've been selected for a free Huawei tablet. At first, knowing an 8 inch Chinese tablet is about £99 I was like oh great! How nice to recognise a loyal customer of 10 years, that never happens. Then he's like yeah just about £2 a week for 2 years for I think it was 500 Meg data a month. OK, so that's not free because you've said I can't have it if I don't take a data contract. £8 or £10 a month for 500 meg, you're charging me for the tablet. More than if I just bought it off Amazon. I don't want it thanks. He was then rather rude. Like you must be dumb to turn down a free tablet! We can see you have a P20 Pro so why wouldn't you want it?! Because I have 18 gig a month on my phone and don't use 2 a month and also have 2 laptops and a Surface I barely use. If free is a lie and I'm ultimately paying for it, I don't see the value and I don't want it. Guy tried to brow beat me a few mins more but I was on my dinner hour and in the car driving on hands free so I was just like busy mate and bad line buh bye, really poed Vodafone would call a customer who is all the things you said, loyal, pays on time, and fake a loyalty offer that's actually total horse hockey. They called me again today, about 6 months to the day. Oh can see you're an excellent and loyal customer. Just wanted to make sure everything is OK with you and before I can say a word he carries on and offer you a free Huawei tablet. This time I was just like let me stop you there. I've been through the lies about the free tablet before. I was offended then to have my loyalty taken for granted while you lied to me and I said not to call me with such offers again. Now here you are. Not interested and when my contract is up in Feb, I shall be changing networks for the first time in 11 years. I joined them on a Motorola Razr when I first moved to the UK but this is a p take. Thank god I was told about the 'discounted' data charges for the 'free' tablet and not outright lied to even worse like some people were. Very shady business practice and also an outright lie. The tablet is no more free than a contract phone is at £35, £45 a month. A device cost is built into the monthly contract. Bye Vodafone.

Have you ever thought of using paragraphs?

You simply have to touch or tap the return key twice to leave a line.
    ====
  • Tempestina
    d123 wrote: »
    Have you ever thought of using paragraphs?

You simply have to touch or tap the return key twice to leave a line.

Ever thought of not being a see u next Thursday? You just have to think is it kind, is it constructive, does it serve a purpose? before you write something online and hit post.

I'm just fine at writing mate. A throw away post typed in 5 mins isn't big on my polish my writing list *eyeroll* Go show your "big" dingle swinging to someone who cares.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    I'm just fine at writing mate.

As an act of kindness then it depends if you want many people to read it.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Gosh, what a mess. Very strange. A bit more time constructing and using proper English without obscure slang would be much more helpful. People Googling the original muddle would't read very far.
  • d123
    Ever thought of not being a see u next Thursday? You just have to think is it kind, is it constructive, does it serve a purpose? before you write something online and hit post.

I'm just fine at writing mate. A throw away post typed in 5 mins isn't big on my polish my writing list *eyeroll* Go show your "big" dingle swinging to someone who cares.

I’ve no idea whether your wall of text is constructive and nor will most other users as it’s a pain to read on a small screen. If you can’t be bothered to get the basics of writing a post right then why bother?

It’s not like they don’t teach paragraphs (and other basic grammar) from fairly early in primary school...
    ====
  • Tempestina
    Read enough of your posts to know exactly what you are and that's why I've got no time for you or your "helpful" feedback. Being rude to everyone while hiding behind "I'm just blunt" or "I just tell it how it is." Common excuses for rudeness is all those are.
  • d123
    Read enough of your posts to know exactly what you are and that's why I've got no time for you or your "helpful" feedback. Being rude to everyone while hiding behind "I'm just blunt" or "I just tell it how it is." Common excuses for rudeness is all those are.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Checks Tempestina’s thanks count and can see just how helpful he/she has really been in the last 8 years...

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    ====
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport