Travelling On

Comments

• teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,260 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Glad you had such a lovely, varied and interesting time away. Good news on the weather too :cool:

Hope you've managed a fairly gentle day despite the looming to do list
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks Teapot! Two runs of the washing machine, the second run of the dishwasher is just finishing, cleaned 2 of the 3 drawers ready to be put into use, more of my belongings are in the right room, finished unpacking, I've been to the supermarket to buy some staples (prices are going up!), I've collected the new light from next door where Parcelforce left it. I more or less kept going the whole time until about an hour ago, and that's only 5 items on the list, hey ho. Have to add another one onto the list though, opening the list and dealing with it :rotfl: It was good to talk to three neighbours though, thats important.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Previous post - I meant the new item to be opening the *post* as usual, not the list. List mania is here.

And I ended up doing 9 items yesterday, though I cheated to do it - I added SB and YG, though a legitimate item was contacting one of the museums we went to, to see if they'd send us a scan of a beautiful patchwork wallhanging of the local village during wartime.

Anyway, SB are done today too :rotfl:and I had an astonishing sleep - didn't wake up till 8.30! What? Yep, 8.30. Brilliant.

So today, lots of items on the list: shower, wash hair, change bed, clean shopping and put it away, pay builder interim payment, email him, email sister about our expenses, open the post. Thats, um, 8 items. Excellent. Plus the neighbour's green bin is being collected on Tuesday, and I can use that now. Breakfast first, I'm up so late I haven't even had my breakfast :rotfl:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat wrote: »
    So today, lots of items on the list: shower, wash hair, change bed, clean shopping and put it away, pay builder interim payment, email him, email sister about our expenses, open the post. Thats, um, 8 items. Excellent. Plus the neighbour's green bin is being collected on Tuesday, and I can use that now. Breakfast first, I'm up so late I haven't even had my breakfast :rotfl:
    I had my breakfast :rotfl: and finished a few bits of SB :p plus:
    - emailed sister re expenses
    - paid builder interim payment
    - emailed him.

Wow. The copies of the invoices from him are going in the tax folder labelled 2019-2020. My word.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Did you clean your shopping...?!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • teapot2

LOL I was wondering about that too ;)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper

:rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    :rotfl: I knew I shouldn't have written that down ... think of it as a confession ... when I didn't know I had chronic fatigue, I was getting a cold every 6 weeks or so, I only had a week's recovery time before the next one hit, it was horrible. And I started reading articles about the number of germs on items in food shops, and also a few prosecutions of branches of big supermarkets, where there'd been rat urine on goods sold in the shops. Cleaning didn't help the chronic fatigue, but between that and not being out in the world very much (because of chronic fatigue) I haven't had an ordinary lurgy in quite a while. Like, years. Don't ostracise me! Please! I'm not really mad as a box of frogs :cool: :rotfl:

Moving on (as quickly as possible) I'm just off out to the council's healthy walk - haven't been for weeks and weeks with one thing and another, it will be good to go :)
  • teapot2
    Karmacat wrote: »
    :rotfl: I knew I shouldn't have written that down ... think of it as a confession ... when I didn't know I had chronic fatigue, I was getting a cold every 6 weeks or so, I only had a week's recovery time before the next one hit, it was horrible. And I started reading articles about the number of germs on items in food shops, and also a few prosecutions of branches of big supermarkets, where there'd been rat urine on goods sold in the shops. Cleaning didn't help the chronic fatigue, but between that and not being out in the world very much (because of chronic fatigue) I haven't had an ordinary lurgy in quite a while. Like, years. Don't ostracise me! Please! I'm not really mad as a box of frogs :cool: :rotfl:

Moving on (as quickly as possible) I'm just off out to the council's healthy walk - haven't been for weeks and weeks with one thing and another, it will be good to go :)

LOL :rotfl: that makes complete sense and eeew to rat urine on food. I always wipe over the lids of tins before I open them. I did have visions of you sticking all the shopping in the dishwasher though :D

Hope you enjoyed the walk and reconnected with folk there :cool:
  • I hope you enjoyed the walk. I wish our local council did them.

I was curious about your cleaning the shopping but didn't like to ask:o. Now all has been revealed and it's perfectly logical:T

:eek::eek::eek:to the rat urine on goods in shops but I don't think anyone can catch Weil's Disease unless the urine is still wet and enters the body via a cut or something. I know someone who had it and he was literally at death's door for a while. He's now fully recovered but can bore for Britain about it:rotfl:. Maybe there are other nasties one can catch even if the urine is dry though:think:.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback