Fabulous February's NSD challange! Join in :)

This challenge is about setting yourself a weekly / monthly target of how many No Spend Days you would like to try and achieve during the month of February.
Keep us updated with your progress and hope you all enjoy the challange.

To join,
just post your personal target and you are on your way.

Tips for the challenge;
1. Decide on a clear goal weekly or monthly of how many No Spend days you'd like to try and achieve

2. Create a list of allowances...What counts as a spend and what doesn't. Keep the list on you so you don't fall of the wagon or make exceptions for everything

3. Keep a tally of how many NSDs you get. See if you can beat your previous amount!

We CAN do it.
Remember every little helps :money::money::money:
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    So I am going to go for 15 this month.

As usual I will exclude food & petrol unless I am over budget.
    I also exclude yoga & physiotherepy as they are essential to me.
    Oh & any vet spends this month.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Thank you for creating this thread Beanie.
    I will be doing 20 days with no exclusions in February :eek:
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Thank you for creating this thread Beanie.
    I will be doing 20 days with no exclusions in February :eek:

Good luck :)

• donkids22
    donkids22 Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    February I am going to try for 12 Nsds 2 more than January. Food brought out the grocery budget and petrol brought out if the petrol budget will be included as spending days. Hoping this will focus me more on my budgets.
    If you dream it can you do it????????
  • jazzyjustlaw
    jazzyjustlaw Posts: 1,378 Forumite
    I’ll try for 12. I must try harder. I have exclusions i.e. bus fare and expected spends.

I’ll donate to the food bank.

I’ll try and excercise more.

I’ll try and chill more. This will be the hardest as I’m a worrier :).

Luckily love my job and got a great boss who gets me and understands my foibles :rotfl::rotfl:.

Good luck everyone!
    All my views are just that and do not constitute legal advice in any way, shape or form.£2.00 savers club - £20.00 saved and banked (got a £2.00 pig and not counted the rest)Joined Store Cupboard Challenge]
  • spudsmum
    spudsmum Posts: 584 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I will join again please.

We're on holiday for a week in February so I'll aim for 8.

Exclusions will be ys bargains, milk, nappies, wipes etc for the babies. Also petrol and anything else that gets reimbursed by my employer
    Total debts £21050! :eek: now £10941. 76. Total extra income made in Jan22 £109. 27 Feb 22 £45.25 Total extra income made in 2022 £154.52 Aiming for debt free at 45 - 41 months to go!
  • dg1019
    dg1019 Posts: 967 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Thanks for setting this up again beanie 🙂

Target will be 12 again.

Exclusions will be monthly direct debits and debt repayment.
    Tesco 4163.90 (-86.00 since 01/01/23)
    First Direct 2437.49 (-153.09 since 01/01/23)
    Halifax 2391.37 (-55.70 since 01/01/23)
    MBNA 1577.00 (-78.00 since 01/01/23)
    Virgin 786.66 (-25.00 since 01/01/23)
    Overdraft 500.00 (-0 since 01/01/23)
    Spending CC 4538.34 (+521.24 since 10/01/23)
  • beanielou
    donkids22 wrote: »
    February I am going to try for 12 Nsds 2 more than January. Food brought out the grocery budget and petrol brought out if the petrol budget will be included as spending days. Hoping this will focus me more on my budgets.
    I’ll try for 12. I must try harder. I have exclusions i.e. bus fare and expected spends.

I’ll donate to the food bank.

I’ll try and excercise more.

I’ll try and chill more. This will be the hardest as I’m a worrier :).

Luckily love my job and got a great boss who gets me and understands my foibles :rotfl::rotfl:.

Good luck everyone!

Good luck to you both :)

Thank you for donating to the food bank.
    Our FB just gets busier & busier:(

• beanielou
    spudsmum wrote: »
    I will join again please.

We're on holiday for a week in February so I'll aim for 8.

Exclusions will be ys bargains, milk, nappies, wipes etc for the babies. Also petrol and anything else that gets reimbursed by my employer
    dg1019 wrote: »
    Thanks for setting this up again beanie 🙂

Target will be 12 again.

Exclusions will be monthly direct debits and debt repayment.

Happy holiday when it comes spudsmum :)

Good luck both :)

• Hi all back again, dropped off with all the night shifts I ended up doing but back again and determined to succeed, I'd like to go for 17 days this month please!!
    January Grocery Challenge £71.51/£150.00    48% spent!
    February Grocery Challenge £79.83/£112        71% spent!
    March Grocery Challenge £0.00/£93.00           0% spent!

Save 2022    £2305.21
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport