Frustrated Dad

Hiya all I’m the NRP I opened a case for CSM to pay to my ex partner the kids live with her.
There has been no response from her and no bank details passed over so I can pay I have an amount to pay each month but no where to pay it letters have been sent and phone calls made but she is still not responding my question is how long will they keep the case open ?

Comments

• They usually keep the case open until your children reach 18. It would be wise to open up a separate bank account and transfer the maintenance into there until she gives you the info you need, should the CSA demand a daft amount because you 'haven't been paying' you won't have a problem finding the cash.

This sounds like a headache, does the RP get in touch with you if your children are unwell etc? :(
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Do you really not have her bank details saved from somewhere?
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'd keep in contact with CMS, stressing that you want this case to remain on pay direct, the last thing you need is the surcharge if it has to be paid via CMS.
  • You can calculate the amount you should be paying with a calculator like this one - gov.uk / calculate-your-child-maintenance. I would put the appropriate amount into a separate savings account until your ex starts playing ball. That way you won't be short of cash if one day you're asked to make a huge back-payment. If she never claims it, you could always give the cash to your kids when they turn 18
    "The problem with quotes you read on the internet, is that most of them are made up." - Winston Churchill
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure