Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    But Buffster I dident give you my Amazon list.:p
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,099
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Glad there's been some improvement on the BIL front, albeit small.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £227.29/£600 March NSD:9 March Surveys £
  • Evening all,

Had a migraine for 3 days, I think the strain might be getting to me just a tad! It was a full on cannot see or stand up easily. Always good. The swimmy feeling has gone but my shoulder and head are painful.

I ache everywhere from being so tense and last week when BIL was so ill Mum didn't exactly know what was going on (and I did) I think in the end I found it too much to keep up if that makes sense. Thank God he came through the procedure (not clear what!) well and is doing ok. God love that man, he has been through hell.

Today I stayed home (day two - I went in Monday bad mistake!) and semi watched Mum, she had to walk the dogs, take sister to hairdressers and then come back, eat breakfast, pick sister up, wait an hour and take her to the station.

I can't tell any more if I am being an awful person, I just think it is a bit much for Mum, she is 80. And all this ferreting about, she worries so much and I cannot stop her. Been like this for 6 month, almost 7. She takes her shopping once a week.

I am pinning my hopes on her going to Florida. And being able to relax and have with my sister.

I fully appreciate I haven't helped by getting a migraine. but I made her a few cups of tea and cleared up from dinner (which was in slow cooker)

In financial news my bank has told me I have 8 pounds till pay day (28 th feb) oops.

I will be borrowing out of my tiny emergency fund! Car insurance screwed me some what, but at least it is paid for. From then on aside from the rabbit insurance (May) I should be able to do some straightforward savings.

xxxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    8 quid til the end of Feb :eek:
    You are worse than me :rotfl:
    Do you think your mum will go to Florida?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou wrote: »
    8 quid til the end of Feb :eek:
    You are worse than me :rotfl:
    Do you think your mum will go to Florida?

She had to book it - for the price so is going in April, so she is going!

Only for a month tho, mainly due to BIL.

I have borrowed 200 from the emergency fund. Have just remembered I need to pay to have the fence put up (half of 350 so will be borrowing so more. Also need petrol. and of course food, hay!

hmmm.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    We could have a new eating Feb :rotfl:

• What do you guys think?

the gardener I got (that we have had for over a year) was meant to start again a couple of weeks ago, he didn't show, he didn't show this week either.... He is meant to be doing the fence in half term but is uncommunicative......He has seen the messages but not answered.

He is a great gardener, gets good reviews. I think he might be put off by the neighbour situation. But am not sure. But why come back at all?

Should I carry on with him? Or tell him not to bother. Bloody nuisance as mum liked him. But it is an expense.

Huff.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    I would try to get someone else.
    Not much you can do if he is not answering his messages.

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,099
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Agree with Beanie - get someone else in. Sounds like he doesn't want the work.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £227.29/£600 March NSD:9 March Surveys £
  • Gardener finally answered message, he got his days mixed up, his wife (who speaks 0 English) saw the messages but didn't understand them and once he saw them he turned up yesterday ! Garden looks way better. And he is coming on Monday to do the fence.

I am shattered and in loads of pain, back shoulders and heart burn. Last day tomorrow, not been good lately, loads of people unhappy and really quite grim in places.

I first thought I would stay another year at first but these days it is a day by day changing decision. In my room is mostly ok, but I do have to be a hard faced !!!!! in some lessons. should be planning one now.

I have spent loads on Amazon - shovel(clay), bird bath (symmetry in the garden!), tiger balm (migraine), drill bits (raised beds)

Mum has just said my Dad's cousin who has Alzheimers (however you spell it) has got worse. We should have stayed in touch but we didn't. Never any time you see. My cousin had twins today. I remember her when she was a baby. I cannot tell you how dreadfully sad I feel, wasted life. Never stayed in touch with my Dad's family, never made any bonds. connections. never had children, never bothered seriously with men or relationships. Always been work, family friends. which isn't so bad but I do feel hollowed out by it all some days. Dear God I am so tired. Didn't mean to write all that, Mum took me by surprise.

This is always a bad time of year. Just seems so much worse now.

Dentist on Saturday, Garden on Sunday, fence Monday, Dogs and vets Tuesday. After that, house, work and sleep. Interspersed with picking up sister.

I am going to send flowers to my Dad's cousin. And a gift to my cousin.
    Then I will make plans to see my friends.

I need to make more for me, I am so uncomfortable with being selfish writing that sentence makes me cringe. But I do. I can't afford this house, I am alone, much more so than I realised. I do need more "me stuff"

Silent Witness is well good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family