"Complete Savings" scheme

Comments

• Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    edited 28 May 2013 at 7:55PM
    They seem pretty dodgy to me.

I visited their website and found it virtually impossible to find any information as to what they offered. Every time I clicked on a tab I got '
    You are trying to access a Member-Only area of the site.
    If you are a Member, you must sign in to access this part of the site.' Even clicking the 'Get Started Today' tab got me that statement.

But of course it's owned by Webloyalty who also run Shopper Discounts and Rewards, a website with a shockingly terrible and entirely misleading way of doing business. [Text removed by MSE Forum Team]

Both Shopper Discounts and Rewards and Webloyalty are ranked as having poor reputations by Web of Trust.

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/webloyalty.co.uk

The Independent newspaper reported in 2009 that many top retailers had suspended their ties with Shopper Discounts and Rewards after a wave of complaints from customers.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/highstreet-shops-sever-links-with-discount-firm-webloyalty-1628626.html

[Text removed by MSE Forum Team]
  • KGA1
    KGA1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I would seriously avoid Complete Savings like the plague. I went online to order some pizzas from Pizza Hut and was directed through Complete Savings. I thought it was just Pizza Hut's payment mechanism. About a month later I noticed they had deducted £10 from my bank account. I had no idea I was signing up to anything that allowed them to take money like that; it must have been in the small print somewhere. Pizza Hut need to look at their relationship with them as I'm sure lots of people have inadvertently fallen into this trap. It seems so easy for any dodgy organisation to take money from your bank account these days unless you are concentrating 100%. Keep your wits about you :-)
  • I always get a little confused when people say they were surprise money was debited from their account. Firstly....read the small print!! Secondly...why else do you think they asked for your bank details?!!!

One thing thats not clear is exactly who you can shop with and how you claim these discounts. If it is a case of posting off receipts then its more hassle than its worth - for me, anyway.
  • stemcgoo
    stemcgoo Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I'd take whatever stemcgoo says with a large pinch of salt. All his posts are about this site and he signed up here just to tell us about it!!

Cpsave, this is a very common occurance, people tempted by the discount and only realising they'd joined something when the money was taken out of their accounts There are lots of threads about this on here. I ordered from Play in December too, and I definately remember the invitation to save money on a future order. I also remember some text saying I was signing up to a "club", but there was no mention of cost on the main page. I think you'd have to click through for T&C's.

Mrs B, do you know me? Have I offended you perchance?
    For your info, I signed up before, but not really posted, however having read all the negative posts about the ShopperDiscounts and Rewards website, I did decide to break my silence and post some positive comments. Is that illegal? Is it so improbable that SDR/Webloyalty could actually have happy customers? Is it not the prerogative of the unhappy few to complain and make known their plight whereas the satisfied many normally sit back and make no mention of the situation?

Could it actually be that SDR are still going strong, not shut down by regulators because actually they are providing a service they legitimately charge for, which too many people seem insistent on blaming their own inability to read small print for?

For the record, Since Jan 2011 as a member I have so far paid SDR £140 for my 15 months membership.

I have saved ;
    £155 at Pizza Hut - regular £10 per month bonus, plus £15 first time round
    £399 of online savings from shopping at Currys, eBay, ELC, HMV, TheHut, B&Q, Matalan and many more
    £50 PRICE promise cashback for a TV I bought at Currys that reduced in price within 90 days
    In the last 5 months I have also saved £100 on purchases of high street vouchers for Currys (xmas presents), Debenhams etc. Every month I buy £100 vouchers which cost me £80.
    Plus I get EXTRA 1yr warranty on qualifying purchases.

So, over the last 15 months, this scheme has saved me NET approx. £564.

Cash in the bank. Genuinely RICHER than when they started taking the money from my account.

If I could post screenshots of my account page with the savings I would but obviously it is personal info, but if you still don't believe me, mail me and I will try and knock up a screen print with the personals blurred out or something.
  • stemcgoo
    Coopdivi wrote: »
    Shopper Discounts and Rewards, a website with a shockingly terrible and entirely misleading way of doing business. That is offering discount vouchers on well known websites and signing customers up by subterfuge to their useless store discount schemes

Sorry to disagree, but please see my post above - not useless - I actually save about £50 per month NET
  • Sam1123
    Sam1123 Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 May 2013 at 7:55PM
    I always get a little confused when people say they were surprise money was debited from their account. Firstly....read the small print!! Secondly...why else do you think they asked for your bank details?!!!

One thing thats not clear is exactly who you can shop with and how you claim these discounts. If it is a case of posting off receipts then its more hassle than its worth - for me, anyway.

In my case I thought I was giving my details to the train company which I was trying to purchase tickets from. It was difficult to see there was any way other way of getting the dang tickets other than filling in my details, so I just assumed they were part of the same company. [Text removed by MSE Forum Team] I'm pretty disappointed that a largeish company would try to pull this on me.
  • Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    edited 28 May 2013 at 7:59PM
    stemcgoo wrote: »
    Sorry to disagree, but please see my post above - not useless - I actually save about £50 per month NET

Every single one of your fourteen posts has been about either Shopper Discounts and Rewards or Complete Savings.

[Text removed by MSE Forum Team]
  • stemcgoo
    Coopdivi wrote: »
    Every single one of your fourteen posts has been about either Shopper Discounts and Rewards or Complete Savings.

You're just a paid shill.

Haha, very funny. Paid - YES! Absolutely, as I have pointed out I benefit to the tune of about £50 per month in cashback and savings via the SDR scheme every month.

Shill - NO, absolutely not. I live in Manchester, I'm fairly sure SDR are down south, I work for the NHS, I already use other online savings schemes like the NHSCashback and NHSdiscounts schemes, but the SDR one is by far the most profitable one.
  • stemcgoo
    I always get a little confused when people say they were surprise money was debited from their account. Firstly....read the small print!! Secondly...why else do you think they asked for your bank details?!!!

Hi, no need to post receipts off, its far easier and automated than that.

For online shopping, all you need to do is log into the SDR website, and then say you want to buy from HMV or Boots, you just click that website link from the SDR portal and it automatically tracks your purchase transaction and loads your account with the cashback. Rarely do I have a problem with missed transactions and these are quickly remedied by emailing the order details.

The hardest claims are only for the £10 regular monthly bonus (Pizza Hut) but again its just an email - I forward my Pizza Hut confirmation email every month with my account number and hey Pesto (lol, geddit) I receive my £10 bonus cheque within a couple of weeks.
  • Strapped wrote: »
    I just purchased something from TheHut.com and was then asked whether I wanted to join the "Complete Savings" scheme. I've never heard of them before.

It also says in the fine print that Complete Savings is owned and operated by the Webloyalty group of companies.

I was briefly tempted to do the sign up and cancel before the 30 days is up, but reading the fine print, it seems a faff to actually claim the cash back (sending off a sales receipt) and so like most cash back schemes, doubtful as to whether you actually get the cash back. So I decided not to risk it, as sometimes these things can be difficult to cancel and enough people already have my card details!

Has anyone else heard of this scheme? Reading t'internet they seem to have some bad press, but it is mostly in the States. Scam? Genuine cashback scheme? :undecided

Hey mate, I have no clue about this but there are stores who offer complete savings scheme and money saving tips where expert bargain finders will bring you a shortlist of the best value options. :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure