HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread

Comments

• Sent off my unwanted gold in early March by registered post. I weighed it in at 62g, they weighed it in at 60.5g, I recieved £613. The money was in my bank the same day they recieved my gold. Brilliant service. Would like to add I had previously sent it to postmygold and was offered £140 for it!!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness I had checked on line before I sent it.
    Would def recommend HGM to anyone, my friends have sent their gold in now, and I would use them again.
  • ruready
    ruready Posts: 47
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've used HGM twice now. First time, I sent them a broken chain, which was marked on the clasp 18ct. The chain itself looked a wee bit dodgy though, so I wasn't sure.
    They mailed me back saying that it was non gold. I mailed them saying about it being marked on the clasp, and they got back to me and said they had tested it and it was non gold, possibly brass. To be honest, I was a bit upset, but then again, even I thought the chain looked a bit not like gold!
    Thought I'd trust them, and tried again, this time with a foreign marked 22ct bracelet, and some old 9ct charms that I'd never got around to putting on my old charm bracelet. I weighed them on my kitchen scales. Cost £5.05 Special Delivery up to £500 value. Next day received an email to say they only pay out at 20ct on foreign 22ct gold, and the actual weights were slightly less. Taking all things into account, I accepted this and the payment was in my account within an hour of my acceptance.
    I had taken the bracelet to a local high street jeweller, who had qouted me £133 less than what HGM did, and to a stall in our local shopping centre, who tested it at 22ct and offered me £70 less.
    All in all, I was happy with my choice and with the service, and thank you for putting this thread up here, as it was this that made me choose HGM.
  • june52
    june52 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Send off my old gold necklaces on Friday late pm and they received them today and sent cheque to me straight away. I had sent 62.5gms but thought at least 3 were gold plate, they made it 56.7gms and the rest non gold, very happy with not only the cheque but also the service. I will certainly use them again.:T
  • I've just registered with your forum so that I can also reply to this thread. I checked the feedback here before sending these people a full Krugerrand by Special Delivery last week.

• When did you use it - 31st March 2011
    • What did you send it - a full Krugerrand
    • How much did it promise you - £888.18
    • How much did it deliver - £888.18
    • How efficient was the service - Extremely, they paid into our bank account the same day the coin arrived at their premises
    • If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason - It did.
    • Anything else other people should know - Royal Mail failed to deliver the Special Delivery package by the guaranteed time of 1pm on Friday April 1st, so it couldn't be delivered until Monday 4th April, but this was not Hatton Garden Metals' fault in any way. They signed for it at 7.30 am on 4th April and had paid us by 2pm that afternoon.
    So I am yet another very satisfied customer, and would recommend this company to anyone looking to sell gold online. :j
  • sashpi
    sashpi Posts: 9 Forumite
    Finally got round to sending off my gold after carefully reading everything on the forum!!!

Items were sent yesterday via special delivery
    I sent 34g 9ct gold, 19g silver and 5g of unsure chains
    Was quoted for the 34g - £350.39 and for the silver £10.38
    Received £356.92 for 34.8g of gold and £10.55 for the silver

Parcel was delivered to them today and I received the money straight into my bank account by 2.30 this afternoon!!

I did have to contact them about the payment for the silver as they had omitted it from the confirmation email, but I received an email within 30mins of contacting them to apologise and the payment went in very shortly after. All in all very pleased with the price and the service and would recommend them :)

I also used a voucher code when applying which gave me an extra 1%, not much but it all helps - Voucher Code - 61240
  • stjrp
    stjrp Posts: 1 Newbie
    • When did you use it - 6 April 2011
    • What did you send it - 7 coins
    • How much did it promise you - £2,102
    • How much did it deliver - £2,102
    • How efficient was the service - very (see below)
    • If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason - n/a
    • Anything else other people should know - very good
    Dropped coins off at their office in Hatton Garden - cash in bank 90 minutes later - very impressive operation.
  • Brilliant service, sent Gold 4.00pm Wednesday, money in account 1.00pm Thursday. Top price.
  • i HAVE USED THIS COMPANY TWICE NOW AND HAVE ON BOTH OCCASIONS HAD EXCELLENT SPEEDY SERVICE AND A TOP PRICE PAID FOR MY GOLD. ON THE SITE MAP IS A UP TO DATE CHART OF THE PRICES PAID, SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE PER GRAM BEFORE SENDING. I WEIGHED AN ASSORTMENT OF UNWANTED AND SOME BROKEN ITEMS AND SENT THEM OFF SPECIAL DELIVERY INSURED FOR A THOUSAND POUNDS COMPENSATION (£6.35), POSTED AT 12.27PM, RECEIVED AT HGM AT 08.30AM, PROCESSED AND EMAIL FROM HGM AT 2.00PM WITH PRICE ACHEIVED, STUNNING SERVICE FROM A PROFESSIONAL COMPANY. IF I HAD USED ANOTHER MAIN GOLD BUYER, IN THIS CASE TESCO, I WOULD HAVE RECEIVED £ 201.00 LESS THAN HGM PAID ME. I SEARCHED MOST OF THE BUY YOUR GOLD FIRMS BUT I KEPT COMING BACK TO HGM, THE SITE WAS EASY TO USE, THE PRICE PAID FOR DIFFERCANT GRADES OF GOLD WAS EASY TO UNDERSTAND AND I JUST FELT AT EASE WITH THEM. DO YOUR RESEARCH AND IF YOU DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH A DEALER GO ELSEWHERE.:T
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    i HAVE USED THIS COMPANY TWICE NOW AND HAVE ON BOTH OCCASIONS HAD EXCELLENT SPEEDY SERVICE AND A TOP PRICE PAID FOR MY GOLD. ON THE SITE MAP IS A UP TO DATE CHART OF THE PRICES PAID, SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE PER GRAM BEFORE SENDING. I WEIGHED AN ASSORTMENT OF UNWANTED AND SOME BROKEN ITEMS AND SENT THEM OFF SPECIAL DELIVERY INSURED FOR A THOUSAND POUNDS COMPENSATION (£6.35), POSTED AT 12.27PM, RECEIVED AT HGM AT 08.30AM, PROCESSED AND EMAIL FROM HGM AT 2.00PM WITH PRICE ACHEIVED, STUNNING SERVICE FROM A PROFESSIONAL COMPANY. IF I HAD USED ANOTHER MAIN GOLD BUYER, IN THIS CASE TESCO, I WOULD HAVE RECEIVED £ 201.00 LESS THAN HGM PAID ME. I SEARCHED MOST OF THE BUY YOUR GOLD FIRMS BUT I KEPT COMING BACK TO HGM, THE SITE WAS EASY TO USE, THE PRICE PAID FOR DIFFERCANT GRADES OF GOLD WAS EASY TO UNDERSTAND AND I JUST FELT AT EASE WITH THEM. DO YOUR RESEARCH AND IF YOU DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH A DEALER GO ELSEWHERE.:T
    Perhaps you can put the money towards fixing you caps lock.
  • keelni
    keelni Posts: 120 Forumite
    Do they take white gold? I have two white gold wedding bands that have changed colour would they take these? thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback