Boots Advantage Card Points

Just writing this as a little warning to everyone! I had over £50 worth of points on my Boots card but I lost it a while ago, since I wasnt going to be getting anything big for a while I wasnt concerned and then kind of forgot! Come to finding it again and they have wiped out and customer services wont reinstate them. Just a warning to people that if you do lose your card get a new one and dont let the points just sit there like I did! xxx
Wins over 4 years - Miley Cyrus meet and greet, 150 Kabuto noodles, chocolate gateaux, pack of Stabilo pens, 2 night stay in Harrogate, VIP Download Festival passes, 4 night Barcelona Holiday, 7 nights in PortAventura, Salou! £500 ASOS voucher.

Comments

• Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Boots will remove Boots Advantage Card points from Boots Advantage Card accounts that haven't been used for two years or have been closed
    From the card Ts & Cs.
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Boots will remove Boots Advantage Card points from Boots Advantage Card accounts that haven't been used for two years or have been closed
    From the card Ts & Cs.

Which means ACTUALLY accruing or spending the points

Quite a while ago I lost over £92s worth despite "using" the card on a regular basis. This was when they had the machines in the larger stores where you could check the balance, print out coupons for extra points on some products and enter prize draws on a regular basis etc.
    From finding the occasional product that was of interest (and buying it) they became non-existent on the interest front.
    Despite regularly popping the card in the machine and looking at these offers, entering the prize draws etc. AND USING IT TO GET A FREE BOOTS MAGAZINE every now and then .....

.... one day the card had zero balance or wouldn't work at all
    (can't actually remember which it was now)
    A call to CS confirmed this "2 year" thing had happened and that using the card to "buy" the Boots magazine or enter prize draws etc. DIDN'T COUNT

Don't think I've ever bought anything in the store since
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • Hello everyone, this is my first time posting so apologies if this may have been asked before.

I had £120 in points on my boots advantage card which I have been saving for a few years now. I’ve held my advantage card for over 10 years and used to use it frequently. I received frequent emails from Boots which contain the balance of the points in the top corner. I received an email yesterday stating my balance was zero but I’m overseas at the moment and I have my card so I knew no one could possibly have spent them.

I logged in to the website and checked all the Help/Customer Service section to no avail. I emailed Boots and their response was as follows:

“Thank you for contacting us about your Boots Advantage Card. I'm sorry to inform you that your points have expired.

As stated in our Terms & Conditions, we will remove points from any accounts which remain unused for 2 years. As your card has not been used for over 2 years I can confirm that your points have expired. I apologise for any disappointment this may cause you.”

I’m really angry at this as they gave me no prior warning , in fact I received an email on 24th January containing my points balance of £120. I took out the card over 10 years ago and have been a loyal customer since. I have spent sometime outside the UK in the past 2 years hence why I haven’t used the card, but I was trying to save my points up and not touch them. Does anyone think I will have a chance of getting them back? Any help would be most appreciated

Thanks
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,890 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 2 February 2019 at 7:47AM
    Hello everyone, this is my first time posting so apologies if this may have been asked before.

I had £120 in points on my boots advantage card which I have been saving for a few years now. I’ve held my advantage card for over 10 years and used to use it frequently. I received frequent emails from Boots which contain the balance of the points in the top corner. I received an email yesterday stating my balance was zero but I’m overseas at the moment and I have my card so I knew no one could possibly have spent them.

I logged in to the website and checked all the Help/Customer Service section to no avail. I emailed Boots and their response was as follows:

“Thank you for contacting us about your Boots Advantage Card. I'm sorry to inform you that your points have expired.

As stated in our Terms & Conditions, we will remove points from any accounts which remain unused for 2 years. As your card has not been used for over 2 years I can confirm that your points have expired. I apologise for any disappointment this may cause you.”

I’m really angry at this as they gave me no prior warning , in fact I received an email on 24th January containing my points balance of £120. I took out the card over 10 years ago and have been a loyal customer since. I have spent sometime outside the UK in the past 2 years hence why I haven’t used the card, but I was trying to save my points up and not touch them. Does anyone think I will have a chance of getting them back? Any help would be most appreciated

Thanks

It states that points will expire if not used in 2 years so they are quite within their rights to cancel them as that's in the t&c's that you signed up to.

If you call them, you may get a goodwill gesture but they are not obliged to.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • why you didnt use them?
    Can buy something and then refund it. consider used it
  • Woolco
    Woolco Posts: 172 Forumite
    Easier said than done. Please be nice to moneysavers. Thank you for warning. I am off to check my card and also that Necter one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure