IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parkindigo Parking ticket

I parked my car next to a vehicle in the station car park, perfectly in line with the row of vehicles already parked.
I pay for my parking using online app and obtain confirmation receipt via email - All good to go and jump on the train for my day ahead at work

Arrive back to my car, which is parked next to the same vehicle to fin my car has a parking ticket!
I thought this must be a mistake and will appeal when I get home

I complete the appeal and attach my receipt as evidence also noting my window has been left with sticky marking (a bit of emotion got added into the appeal)

I then looked at the reason code-
Breach 5 - Parked as to cause obstruction/inconvenience to others

Now I am annoyed, I have now raised a complaint with the company as I was parked straight and in line with the vehicle beside me

Anybody else encountered this and what was the outcome?

Did the appeal get upheld 2 votes

yes
0% 0 votes
no
100% 2 votes

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    there are literally dozens or hundreds of these INDIGO train station incidents on here

as bylaws apply the keeper is not liable, so forget what happened on the day, the keeper appeals and then times it out for 6 months

the TOC are not going to issue a penalty notice or take the keeper to magistrates court, plus indigo cannot take anyone to magistrates court

its appeal, then play tennis with them until 6 months have passed

you really need to read the recent long thread we had about INDIGO, where it was complained about until it was cancelled after 6 months had elapsed

ps:- the appeals are NEVER upheld
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    This is the third Indigo ticket today so yes they are well known. I believe the success rate in here against Indigo is running at 100%.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I have now raised a complaint with the company as I was parked straight and in line with the vehicle beside me
    What, you blabbed about the driver before coming here?! You did whaaaat now?

WHY oh WHY oh WHY do we see people do this half the time...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • coupon-mad How is your reply meant to help answer my question?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    miabristow wrote: »
    coupon-mad How is your reply meant to help answer my question?

its simple, there are no court cases in magistrates court for any of these train station incidents , so there is no outcome other than stalemate for 6 months

CM is the leading advisor on here and knows more about this topic than einstein did about science

her point is that if you had read the dozens or hundreds of train station threads , especially INDIGO ones on here you would have already know the outcomes , same as we do

this is about bylaws as the penalty notice details are indicated as a bylaws breach

you are treating it as a parking charge notice , totally different

what happened on the day is rarely relevant as it never gets to court
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    miabristow wrote: »
    coupon-mad How is your reply meant to help answer my question?
    It's more of a clear warning never to do that again, and to others reading the thread!

Simply read other Indigo threads, we have far too many, and the advice is consistent.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure