The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

How do I record a phone call, on landline?

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    bluepeanut wrote: »
    I found this website very useful, pay as you go and no need for any hardware.

http://www.complaintcopy.com

The t & cs for this say the recording will only be stored for 60 days,then you have to make your own back up copy.I would have no idea how to do this.
  • superscaper
    superscaper Posts: 13,369
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    hollydays wrote: »
    But if you wanted to use the recording in court,i think you would need their permission.
    That would come under making it "available to a third party" so you would need to make them aware beforehand.
    "She is quite the oddball. Did you notice how she didn't even get excited when she saw this original ZX-81?"
    Moss
  • superscaper
    Forumite
    The t & cs for this say the recording will only be stored for 60 days,then you have to make your own back up copy.I would have no idea how to do this.

Presumably you can simply save the audio files to your computer.
    "She is quite the oddball. Did you notice how she didn't even get excited when she saw this original ZX-81?"
    Moss
  • hollydays
    Forumite
    that may sound simple to you superscaper..
  • superscaper
    Forumite
    that may sound simple to you superscaper..

If they're just audio files on one's website account then it's like downloading anything else online just right click on the file and click "save as". This is assuming the website works like that as it sounds like it does from the way they describe the procedures.
    Moss
  • If they're just audio files on one's website account then it's like downloading anything else online just right click on the file and click "save as". This is assuming the website works like that as it sounds like it does from the way they describe the procedures.

I just clicked on the MP3 link and when the box popped up I selected the option to save the file the same as I do music or video files.

I wanted to have a copy of the call that I could grab easily without having to go online anyway.
  • ABH_3
    ABH_3 Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    But if you wanted to use the recording in court,i think you would need their permission.

Not entirely correct, you would present your evidence to the judge\magistrate in a typed format, he would then decide whether it was relevant and you could play it back publicly.

HTH
    It could have been worse. At least source code's not combustible, or you can bet somebody at McAfee would have lit it.
  • BritBrat
    BritBrat Posts: 3,764 Forumite
    The best way is using the computer and some software.

But I have been trying to do this for quite some time, the problem is not all modems will activate when you get a call (voice) only very few work.

I have a few here that work sometimes then they fall over and stop.

I have been looking for a suitable modem on Ebay for ages at the right price (cheap).
  • This is somthing I have been looking into, I was going to make a device like the one on hardware secrets but have not had time to do it as of yet.

During my investigations i came across this piece of software (link below) that I hope should monitor a sound card, and when I call comes in or is made on the telephone line the software should automatically start recording.
    http://www.mymusictools.com/voice_text_25/sound_snooper_7787.htm
  • hollydays
    Forumite
    ABH wrote: »
    Not entirely correct, you would present your evidence to the judge\magistrate in a typed format, he would then decide whether it was relevant and you could play it back publicly.

HTH

Assuming it was a civil case,rather than a criminal case,are you saying that even if the civil judge knew the recording was taken without the persons knowledge or permission,he could say it was admissable and overrule the person concerned?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure