Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • later
    • By later 15th Apr 18, 10:38 PM
    • 19Posts
    • 4Thanks
    later
    Which calculator?
    • 15th Apr 18, 10:38 PM
    Which calculator? 15th Apr 18 at 10:38 PM
    Hi, I'm a bit confused, and was wondering if you could help.

I'm moving over to UC from HB and Child tax credits, and did a benefit calculation on all 3 calculators on the gov.uk website: Policy in Practice, Entitledto and turn2us.

I found the PIP didn't ask me about the pension contributions, but I'd read that the pension is 100% disregarded, so I subtracted the pension from my gross income, and stated the difference as my gross income.

I got the the calculations through and PIP and entitledto both give a figure within 25 of each other, but turn2us gave me a figure that was 100 less than the lowest figure!

I was wondering which of the calculators is usually more accurate?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Darksparkle
    • By Darksparkle 16th Apr 18, 6:07 AM
    • 5,004 Posts
    • 3,256 Thanks
    Darksparkle
    • 16th Apr 18, 6:07 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 6:07 AM
    I've always found entitledto to be accurate if completed correctly.
    • w06
    • By w06 16th Apr 18, 6:33 AM
    • 536 Posts
    • 812 Thanks
    w06
    • 16th Apr 18, 6:33 AM
    • 16th Apr 18, 6:33 AM
    I've used entitled to too, one word of warning though; I discovered recently that adding the combination of has a disability but not unfit to work (ie selecting that you're not in either the support or work related activity group) results in entitled to giving you figures as though you're in support group for UC, without making it clear that it's done so. Because it no longer results in an increased amount it was more correct to put that I was in the work related activity group.

To be fair to entitled to though the UC application process similarly doesn't cope well with disability but not unfit.
    • later
    • By later 16th Apr 18, 9:07 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    later
    • 16th Apr 18, 9:07 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 9:07 PM
    Thanks. I haven't mentioned disability (I'm waiting for the PIP invitation!) and just went on the basis that I work and don't pay childcare.

Their childcare rules are shocking! I can't actually pay for the summer holidays in advance!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

118Posts Today

1,188Users online

Martin's Twitter