PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Comments

• pink_pirlie
    pink_pirlie Posts: 238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yey!!! Congrats Ashe!! Bet that’s an amazing feeling. Will be even better once you have the keys.
    Enjoy your new home!
    :beer:
  • lena_halo
    lena_halo Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I'd like to join please! Long time lurker :)

Buying a three-bed townhouse with my boyfriend. He's a FTB but I have a shared ownership flat so unfortunately we are not eligible for any SDLT discount!

20th March - confirmed sale of shared ownership flat from HA
    26th March - viewed house
    27th March - put offer in, offer accepted. Vendors are buying a new build, due for completion May/June so have part-exchanged the house we are buying so we are essentially buying from the part-exchange company but can't complete until vendor's new build is completed.
    31st March - meeting with MA, applied for mortgage with Nationwide, solicitors instructed for both sale and purchase, B&C insurance and Life Assurance sorted ready to go ahead on completion date.
    3rd April - Text from Nationwide to confirm they have received our application and mortgage product has been reserved.
    5th April - Text from Nationwide to confirm they have valuation report and are reviewing.
    9th April - Memo of sale received for purchase.
    12th April - Memo of sale received for sale. Drainage search returned for purchase.
    13th April - Document pack sent to solicitors for both sale and purchase. Environmental search returned for purchase.
    17th April - LA search returned for the purchase.

Seems like the searches have come back really quickly and I know our solicitor is working on the contract pack from the seller's solicitor so this seems to be going smoothly so far. We are using a Conveyancing Connect service with a local solicitor, who I think are quite small but it means we have an online portal where documents are uploaded and we can more or less see where we are in the process, which is great but I am continually logging in hoping to see more ticks in boxes!

The flat I've sold is leasehold so I'm hoping the HA lawyers don't take forever in sending the leasehold pack through and doing everything they need to that end. The HA are not the fastest moving, but I hope their lawyers are better?! Fingers crossed otherwise I think we will be ready to complete on our purchase way before the sale!

We are in a chain of 3 - FTB buying my flat, us buying our townhouse, our sellers moving into a new build so quite short but obviously completion date will depend on completion of the new build and I know they tend to run over! June is good for my buyer and us so will have to wait and see what happens!

Will be checking in to keep up to date with everyone and no doubt ranting and moaning myself as the stress starts to build :rotfl:
  • Still here...still not exchanged...still going grey!!

21st Nov 2017 - House Listed on Rightmove
    29th Nov 2017 – First Viewing
    3rd Dec 2017 - Second Viewing - Appointment made with broker
    5th Dec 2017 - Meeting with Broker - AIP received
    6th Dec 2017 -
    First Offer put in and accepted
    12th Dec 2017 - Natwest instruct survey to be completed & Countrywide instructed to act as conveyancers.
    20th Dec 2017 - Homebuyer survey conducted
    21st Dec 2017 - Mortgage offer received
    3rd Jan 2018 - All documentation signed and sent special delivery to conveyancers
    10th Jan 2018 - Roofer instructed to assess property based on survey results
    24th Jan 2018 - Enquiries completed in full
    30th Jan 2018 - Searches Satisfactory & Insurance details provided
    8th March 2018 - Invoice received from solicitors

Updates:

16th March 2018 - Original date for exchange - this fell apart on 12th March when they realised the power of attorney docs for the top of the chain were missing!

3rd April 2018 - Email received from Countrywide asking us to 'Rate our CCS Lawyer' - when the work hasn't even completed!! At this point I asked if the person purchasing the top of the chain house was prepared to break the chain so the rest of us could proceed. never got an answer.

6th April 2018 - Email received from broker advising Deed of Surrender was now required to sort the house at the top of the chain. Furious that this had only just come to light.

13th April 2018 - Vendor purchasing top of the chain house refuses to break the chain. I threaten to pull out and started my house search again, requesting 3 viewings on Friday just gone.

17th April 2018 - Confirmation that Land Registry have now received and processed the Deed of Surrender so we can set a date for exchange
    (viewings cancelled)

Praying that I get an exchange date soon, I cant cope with this stress! How do people move more than once.

Congratulations to those who have finally completed!
  • Morata_
    Morata_ Posts: 182 Forumite
    Surely people can celebrate at Exchange?

Ive seen some "good luck" replies to exchange updates and thought surely people haven't then completed???
  • lena_halo
    Still here...still not exchanged...still going grey!!

21st Nov 2017 - House Listed on Rightmove
    29th Nov 2017 – First Viewing
    3rd Dec 2017 - Second Viewing - Appointment made with broker
    5th Dec 2017 - Meeting with Broker - AIP received
    6th Dec 2017 -
    First Offer put in and accepted
    12th Dec 2017 - Natwest instruct survey to be completed & Countrywide instructed to act as conveyancers.
    20th Dec 2017 - Homebuyer survey conducted
    21st Dec 2017 - Mortgage offer received
    3rd Jan 2018 - All documentation signed and sent special delivery to conveyancers
    10th Jan 2018 - Roofer instructed to assess property based on survey results
    24th Jan 2018 - Enquiries completed in full
    30th Jan 2018 - Searches Satisfactory & Insurance details provided
    8th March 2018 - Invoice received from solicitors

Updates:

16th March 2018 - Original date for exchange - this fell apart on 12th March when they realised the power of attorney docs for the top of the chain were missing!

3rd April 2018 - Email received from Countrywide asking us to 'Rate our CCS Lawyer' - when the work hasn't even completed!! At this point I asked if the person purchasing the top of the chain house was prepared to break the chain so the rest of us could proceed. never got an answer.

6th April 2018 - Email received from broker advising Deed of Surrender was now required to sort the house at the top of the chain. Furious that this had only just come to light.

13th April 2018 - Vendor purchasing top of the chain house refuses to break the chain. I threaten to pull out and started my house search again, requesting 3 viewings on Friday just gone.

17th April 2018 - Confirmation that Land Registry have now received and processed the Deed of Surrender so we can set a date for exchange
    (viewings cancelled)

Praying that I get an exchange date soon, I cant cope with this stress! How do people move more than once.

Congratulations to those who have finally completed!

What a PITA notanotherknot!!!
    We've only just started and I'm already stating I'm never moving again! I dread to think of the stresses to come!!!
  • lena_halo
    Morata_ wrote: »
    Surely people can celebrate at Exchange?

Ive seen some "good luck" replies to exchange updates and thought surely people haven't then completed???

Yes I believe once Exchange takes place, it's legally binding and everyone must complete on the agreed date. Definitely time for celebration!!
  • ashe
    ashe Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    lena_halo wrote: »
    Yes I believe once Exchange takes place, it's legally binding and everyone must complete on the agreed date. Definitely time for celebration!!

There is a huge thread on here where someone’s vendor changed their mind after exchange so it can happen! It’s a great read.
  • lena_halo
    ashe wrote: »
    There is a huge thread on here where someone’s vendor changed their mind after exchange so it can happen! It’s a great read.

Ah no, really?! Is nothing safe in this house buying process?? :rotfl:

I bet it is a great read though, but might turn me grey before my solicitor does!! :o
  • Surrey_EA
    Surrey_EA Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    ashe wrote: »

However, to put the minds at rest of everyone panicking after reading that, it is terrifically rare. Not completely unheard of, but nothing that anyone should be realistically losing sleep over.
  • TamsinC
    TamsinC Posts: 625 Forumite
    “Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just this beautiful, complex
    Wonderfully unfathomable, natural world” Tim Minchin
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills