Kantar - Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,269 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    You still get stamps but it is at the end of the training period and then when you go live then you get another lots of stamps with the presentation ones. I know this information is correct because I have recently completed my training again and just started on the live mail.

However 5 cubes next week. Oh well![/QUOTE]

That is just not on.
    What if you live in a small place with a small post office!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • MDMD
    MDMD Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If you log-in to the website you'll find there's a notice there about it and it includes a picture showing where the QR and PRN items are.
    The PRN logging / QR scanning is a recent addition. Hope I don’t have to use them for a while as I hate receiving the cube. It requires an hour walk to the sorting office as they always arrive when I’m at work and I annoyed a neighbour a couple of years ago having to take them in!
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,960 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    My February stamps arrived yesterday.

I keep getting messages hounding me to log items they consider I should have received but didn’t. Have they never heard of items being lost in the post?
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • stevephoto
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    You still get stamps but it is at the end of the training period and then when you go live then you get another lots of stamps with the presentation ones. I know this information is correct because I have recently completed my training again and just started on the live mail.

However 5 cubes next week. Oh well!

You will find the presentation pack is for your second month of live postng despite what it might say in the letter.
  • littlemoney
    Options
    This time I have had more queries on date received than ever before. Each time I have correctly recorded the date so the sender data entry must have been incorrect. This has made me wonder if it is app related. Never had this number of queries when it was web site data entry or perhaps they can't get reliable panellists. The rewards are actually that enticing especially to youngsters who do everything electronically so have no need for stamps.
  • TheOhGodOfHangovers
    Options
    This time I have had more queries on date received than ever before. Each time I have correctly recorded the date so the sender data entry must have been incorrect. This has made me wonder if it is app related. Never had this number of queries when it was web site data entry or perhaps they can't get reliable panellists. The rewards are actually that enticing especially to youngsters who do everything electronically so have no need for stamps.

I only started back on the live panel this month and I’ve already had three queries about whether I’ve entered the postage details correctly. I’ve checked the R number stickers and each time the sender has done it incorrectly. I’m not sure what’s going on - starting to feel like it’s being done on purpose to check up on me <paranoid> ;)
    LBM 23/09/13 - DFD 08/10/17 :T
  • InA
    InA Posts: 224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Primrose wrote: »
    I think they risk putting new panellists off by not offering stamps incentive for training periods

The change in policy was probably brought about by the numbers of people who were signing up for "free stamps" without realising there was an ongoing commitment to participate in a survey. This in turn had been caused by a number of freebie sites promising "free stamps" for signing up but without mentioning that you had to "earn" those stamps.

I had assumed that those freebie sites had made an honest mistake because there were unaware of how the panel works, but they haven't advertised it since the change in policy. So it seems they were encouraging people to take the free stamps in the knowledge that TNS wouldn't ask for stamps to be returned if you decided you didn't want to participate (which most probably didn't).

Of course, genuine panellists (especially those who get stuck in training for an abnormally long period) are the ones who are disadvantaged by the change. However, IMO, the blame lies with the freebie sites, not TNS.

On the unrelated topic of senders writing on envelopes - I must have had a lucky stint as I don't recall receiving any this time.
  • Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Its most unfair for us returning panellists - who have to go through at least one stint of retraining every single time we go back on the main panel, 2-3 if you keep getting put on hold, no matter how many years we have been doing the survey. Seriously considering whether its worth carrying on next time I am invited back onto the main panel - they don't pay us that well for the work involved in the first place!
    2020 Wins:
  • littlemoney
    Options
    Saetana wrote: »
    Its most unfair for us returning panellists - who have to go through at least one stint of retraining every single time we go back on the main panel, 2-3 if you keep getting put on hold, no matter how many years we have been doing the survey. Seriously considering whether its worth carrying on next time I am invited back onto the main panel - they don't pay us that well for the work involved in the first place!

I am also wondering if the pay is worth the effort especially as I don't use many stamps and when I tried to sell them people only wanted to pay silly money. It would be an improvement if the value of stamps could be paid each month via the reward system. At the points can be used elsewhere.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am also wondering if the pay is worth the effort especially as I don't use many stamps and when I tried to sell them people only wanted to pay silly money. It would be an improvement if the value of stamps could be paid each month via the reward system. At the points can be used elsewhere.

RM will be providing the stamps. So they dont 'pay' the value of the stamps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure