PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Comments

• Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,162 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Skiddaw1 wrote: »
    Whoah!!! :eek: How the other half live.....

Who's the seller??

(Tell you what, I seriously wouldn't fancy having to clean that house. Or mow the lawn :rotfl:)

If one could afford that house, one would have staff for cleaning and gardening!
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • Skiddaw1 wrote: »
    ....just looked it up. Seller is a lingerie mogul (someone called Michelle Mone who I've never heard of). It's beginning to remind me of an episode of Father Ted!

Baroness Mone. I'm sure buying property on the Isle of Man had everything to do with the view and nothing to do with any lack of capital gains or inheritance tax.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • VincentVincent
    VincentVincent Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 9 December 2019 at 9:34PM
    Misslayed wrote: »
    If one could afford that house, one would have staff for cleaning and gardening!

Yeah, the property includes separate staff accommodation. No surprise as you must need a team of full time staff and it's located in the middle of nowhere.
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post

I couldn't relax in that - it's more like a hotel!
  • Patr100
    Patr100 Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary

23,24,25 look more like treatment rooms.
    Maybe it could be run as a spa type retreat.
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary

Some business deals, you fly people in in your helicopter. You put them up lavishly. You entertain them royally. It oils the wheels of the deal. Hotel is not far off the mark.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

That is furnished in the style of what is known in my family as "lots of taste all of it bad."
  • zagubov
    zagubov Posts: 17,885 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 9 December 2019 at 11:18PM
    What a house! Has it got an indoor hang-gliding arena in the basement?
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
  • dcs34
    dcs34 Posts: 536 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    toniq wrote: »
    The pictures were from a photographer trying to hard, okay I could skim over that but the floor plan? the upstairs link baffled me more than the downstairs link, what's with the black sharpie scribbles over the bath?

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-83905214.html
    Looks like some fancy 3D photoscan technology used to generate a 'photorealisitc' floorplan. Probably cost the seller a few quid but leave potential buyers completely confused because the EA couldn't be bothered to fix the transparency of the background layer and fill in the gaps of storage areas etc.
  • LittleMax
    LittleMax Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Cakeguts wrote: »
    That is furnished in the style of what is known in my family as "lots of taste all of it bad."

Apparently it's "Country House Elegance" :rotfl:

Built a new business around it...

http://michellemoneinteriors.com/private-clients/country-estate-elegance/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills