Options

Comments

• PHARR
    PHARR Posts: 405 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Marg wrote: »
    Is this address still valid please?

Yeah its a permanent post based within the main base in Camp Bastion. Even if they move it or change places your parcel / mail to them would certainly go to the correct unit or office which this represents. Iv just got back from Afghan about 2 weeks ago and it was still there then.
    Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.
  • spicyprawn
    spicyprawn Posts: 330 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome back :) My sis just went out so having a quick look for some more ideas but pretty much sending what I have before :)
  • nicsue44
    Options
    I was asked by specific individuals for 'body puffs' (I think they have another name, but can't think of it - balls of nylon mesh to use in the shower) apparently they work well with very little soap/water. Also 'freezy pops' - the unfozen ones, they had some means of freezing them out there.
  • nicsue44
    Options
    Paddy_H wrote: »
    Yeah its a permanent post based within the main base in Camp Bastion. Even if they move it or change places your parcel / mail to them would certainly go to the correct unit or office which this represents. Iv just got back from Afghan about 2 weeks ago and it was still there then.

Do the parcels still have to be under the 2kg or is this outside the free service?
  • stardust09
    stardust09 Posts: 264 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Parcels still have to be under 2kg.
  • gorgeousgeorge
    Options
    Hey All :) i have been sending welfare parcels to our lads & lasses that are out on deployment for the past 3 years via facebook parel sending groups... for more info please feel free to send me an inbox message... best wishes... Mel :)
    "I live my dream today, I lived it yesterday and I'll be living yours tomorrow":smileyhea

If you don't want to work, you have to work to earn enough money so that you won't have to work ;)
  • welshgirl_michelle
    Options
    Anyone know if we can send out cans of coke? I've searched for the answer but can't seem to find anything
  • maddymoo
    Options
    I'm not sure on that one. It's not something I've sent out and I'm not sure how well it would survive the hold pressure on the plane. If the person you're sending it out to is at one of the main bases, then cans are available there. Maybe someone else will know the answer for definite.
  • wondercollie
    Options
    er, I've had canned beer fizzle open in the cabin of a plane, back in the pre 9-11 darkages.

Wouldn't bother as most of the time my guys said they wanted water, gatorade or any sports type drink. We put a lot of individual flavour sachets in the boxes, gatorade, ice tea, koolaid, and Tang (didn't know that the stuff was even still made!)
  • devonlad
    devonlad Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone know if we can send out cans of coke? I've searched for the answer but can't seem to find anything

nope cant risk the pressure on flight etc , my wife sent me a cherry coke and it popped?
    hope that helps
    The word about the scammers is spreading like marmite here in the westcountry.
    We workers all love it and the ppc hate it :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport