Boot 50% sale has started online

kippers
kippers Posts: 2,053
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 1 January 2020 at 7:56PM in It's gone, but was it any good?
For anyone who cant face the January 70% in store ‘gift set battle’....the boots 50% sale has started on line:

https://www.boots.com/offers/sale/christmas-gift-sale

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,858
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    Thanks

Link to all of the up to 50% sale

https://www.boots.com/sale
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Had a quick scroll through the first 180 items priced low-high, and exactly none met Martin's Money Mantras.

Boots is just contributing to environmental wastage.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    kippers wrote: »
    For anyone who cant face the January 75% in store ‘gift set battle’....the boots 50% sale has started on line:

https://www.boots.com/offers/sale/christmas-gift-sale

75% hasn't happened for a few years now, it was reduced to 70%.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• kippers
    kippers Posts: 2,053
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    75% hasn't happened for a few years now, it was reduced to 70%.

Original post edited XXX
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Judging by the fact this thread has 4 posts it’s obvious that the boots stuff is not as popular as it was in years gone by. I remember this thread being over 100 pages long one year especially as it got closer to the 75% off which is now “only” 70%
    :money::rotfl::T
  • Baskcm
    Baskcm Posts: 45 Forumite
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Judging by the fact this thread has 4 posts it’s obvious that the boots stuff is not as popular as it was in years gone by. I remember this thread being over 100 pages long one year especially as it got closer to the 75% off which is now “only” 70%

As someone who used to work in boots I can say its probaly true each year less and less.people shopped there and when they did it was only to get the boxing day sales.

Plus with the annoyance of the 3 for 2 going on and off I know many people where out off shopping with them. Plus most of the products are cheap tat anyhow
  • Are we thinking end of the month for the 70% sale again this year? :)
    Cannot believe how quiet the forums are about the sale in the last couple of years compared to how it used to be!
  • sampan26
    sampan26 Posts: 643
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    I haven't shopped in Boots as much, but that's because i am waiting for the 70% off sale.
    I am hoping its end of the month.
    I should there will be a 90% judging by the forum comments and amount of stock!
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Are we thinking end of the month for the 70% sale again this year? :)
    Cannot believe how quiet the forums are about the sale in the last couple of years compared to how it used to be!

I think the switching about of the discounts this year probably encouraged a number of shoppers just to go elsewhere before Christmas so Boots lost interest overall in their product lines.

Plus the change to the 70% off timing last year rightly or wrongly annoyed people who'd specifically booked time off to go so again, Boots have lost interest there. Bit of a double whammy for them really. Plus many people are done with the Xmas sales by the end of Jan - they've either bought what they want at other stores (who by then do have 70% - 90%) of bought in the 50% sale.

I guess last year was a bit like Next delaying their Boxing Day sale by a week without any expectation that would happen.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,858
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    Are we thinking end of the month for the 70% sale again this year? :)

Last year was 1st feb.

14 Jan 2009
    20 Jan 2010
    19 Jan 2011
    18 Jan 2012
    16 Jan 2013
    15 Jan 2014
    14 Jan 2015
    13 Jan 2016
    20 Jan 2017 INSTORE ONLY
    19 Jan 2018 INSTORE ONLY
    1st Feb 2019 INSTORE ONLY
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure