Customer service promise?

Options
Hi, looking for a little advice...
I have had my mobile handset for under a year and there was an issue with the battery, it was sent in for a warranty repair in November to Knowhow (Carphone Warehouse repair service). It was returned after 10 days as 'repaired', however the note said they had 'cleaned the charger port'. (Charging was never the issue). As predicted the battery issue was the same and I was left with 2 options- send again for a repeat repair (not much faith after round one) or concert the manufacturer, which is Google. I did the later.

Google performed their troubleshooting remotely and have told me the handset should be replaced and offered to do so but it would take up to 2 weeks. I need my phone, gps, emails etc for work and couldnt send it off again any time soon so was advised to contact the seller for a faster option. I did so and was offered a speedy store replacement and because of the hassle offered the newer model. I was also told I could go in that evening to swap. (great!), I called the next day to check they had stock and was once again told the quickest option would be to get the phone checked in store and they could provide a replacement on the spot.

However, I went into store and was told I had to go through CPWH 'repair' process once again and not guaranteed a new phone, and the person who told me I was due to be given the newer model had misinformed me.

Where do I stand when promised a solution? I understand this was generous of them but I am also not in a position that I can do without my phone again for 10 days, possibly only to be told it is fine and to be cleaned. I have made a complaint but have been told this is for internal purposes and not not impact the procedure of the repairs process.

thanks

Comments

• jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What it looks like you're trying to argue is a consumer rights issue. When it comes to the business sticking to their promises, it's not so easy unless you can prove what was promised to you. If you can't it may be their word against theirs and not much you can do if you don't have any evidence.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The Consumer Rights Act 2015 only allows a retailer one chance at a repair and they've had that chance, their options now are refund or replacement.

Your problem is that Dixons Carphone doesn't believe that the law applies to them, or rather, their policies always take precedence, (obviously untrue).

I suggest you find a way to take up Google's offer, then remember never to use DC again, and tell your friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure