🎅🎅🎅 Advents 2018 Thread 🎅🎅🎅

sleepyjones
sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
edited 18 November 2018 at 9:25AM in Game over
:xmastree: Welcome to the 2018 Advent competitions! :xmastree:

What is an Advent? : See here

How to post an Advent comp

Please make a competition thread as normal on the main board (see here if you don't know how to do this). Please start your thread with an A: instead of the usual E: to the title of your thread. Please also try and keep your title brief, we don't need to know "win various prizes" or anything like that, keep it short and sweet ie :

A : 24/12 Thorntons (TW/FB/Daily)

Then add a link to the competition thread you have just created to the end of this thread (more info on this below, please keep reading).

So, Please follow this format when posting a link here:

A: ??/?? Site name or company running the comp (how to enter if not web)

That's all we need.

To create the clickable link:

(you may find it easier to have two pages open, one for the competition thread you have just created and the other for this Advent thread)
Copy the address of the competition which you created on the main board (highlight it, right click and 'copy')

In this thread type out the A: ??/?? Site name or company running the comp
Highlight the whole line of the text you've just created
Click on the little world symbol above your text (if you hover over this it says 'insert link)
A box pops up
Paste your copied link into this box - you only need one http://. It's best to delete the one that comes up automatically before you paste your link.
Click ok
Then you can post it, BUT not before you've told me which section it should be placed in. This will save me a lot of time opening all the links, so I'd be really grateful if you could all try and do this.

The sections are:

Prize over £100
(don't post in here, check the thread in Compers Chat)

Web Only A-M
Web Only N-Z
Web Only Regional

(Where you have to be in a specific region, or collect a prize personally)

Facebook Only A-M
Facebook Only N-Z
Facebook Regional

Twitter Only A-M
Twitter Only N-Z
Twitter Only Regional

Multiple Entry Route
(two or more of these entry methods will be possible for comps in this section)

RaffleCopters

Gleam

Once only

Instagram

Other (Pintrest, Vine etc)

Email

App

TXT / Postal

If there are any posts in here where the user has not posted a thread on the main board I'd be grateful if someone could make one and then post the link to here. :beer:.

Competitions will be sorted Alphabetically, new posts (for a couple of days) will have a red NEW tag

When comps have closed I will use the red strikethrough and move them to a section at the bottom of the post called "Expired".

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU DON'T DUPLICATE ANY ENTRIES AS SOME MIGHT BE LISTED IN DAILIES/WEEKLIES TOO

To subscribe to this thread - click 'Thread Tools' on the green bar at the top of this post then 'subscribe to this thread'. Select whether you want email notifications or not, then click 'add subscription'.

There is a thread for chat here.

Any advents with a daily / weekly prize with a value of £100 or over should also be posted in this thread (this allows people with not much time on a particular day to enter the better competitions that day.

Good luck everyone!

Any mistakes as far as dates, or which category a post is in, fire me a PM and I'll update.

To sort the forum list to see the Advents, Try this

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family