The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Good Morning all,

Welcome to all the newbies, we are all Christmas crazy here.
    I just wanted to jump on and tell you our local Poun*world closed yesterday. I managed to get £55 worth of products ( mostly Christmas related) for £13. I just need to find somewhere to store them. I am now sat watching Jingle all the way whilst I plan the rest of the day. I will catch up properly with everybody later on

Big Christmas hugs to everyone xx
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Well done on your bargains 0462.

Watched a few bits of Christmas in July today - I recorded the Festive Christmas Lighting show to watch shortly. Nothing much has grabbed me so far although I do like the automated Christmas tree topper with a big light up star and Father Christmas and his sleigh going round it.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,280
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Was in The Works today and they had clinton Christmas cards in the Sale at £1.50 per box.
     :
  • mrsinvisible
    mrsinvisible Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    Good spot, Vulpix, will go have a look as they usually do nice cards at Clintons. Also need to go into Wilco to see if their garden sale has started yet.
    Welcome newbies, all Christmas 'crackers' welcome here.
    I have a date for the conservatory roof, next Friday, so pleased. Now l just have to find the money to pay for it. Hopefully, though, that will be the final large expense for this year.
    Big Bro put DDs new (their old) fire and fireplace in yesterday. She is delighted with it , and they are pleased they could help her, win, win,win.
    l was looking for trousers for DGS school year, and got him 3 pairs from Everything £5 P@unds' turn out to be M&S ones, so well pleased. And they fit his 35'' legs. Oh, and l had a code for free delivery, so £15 for the lot.
    Our hosepipe ban starts next week, but read in Martins newsletter that blue badge owners are exempt from it. wonder how that will go down locally!
    Right, off to Works for Christmas cards. xx
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hello all, sorry Ive been MIA for a long time.

Ive started to think more about Christmas prep now that DD's birthday is over (I always use the day after as the start date for my Christmas planning). I think my kids will be mostly having money as they are trying to plan a trip to Tokyo next March. In fact I think most of my gifts will be money this year, so I'll have to start saving asap.
    Ive made 2 Christmas cards already as I bought a die from Create and Craft which I think gives me loads of possibilities.
    The garden is looking OK although the grass is a nice shade of orange/brown. not a lot I can do about that as its about time it was replaced anyway. Ive been toying (again) with the idea of artificial grass
    (LMG yours looks fab btw- and your kitchen is to die for!!) but something just keeps putting me off....
    I hope it rains sometime soon so that the air quality improves, its bad enough for the able bodied but for those with health issues it must be very difficult.
    Sorry Ive not commented individually, Im going to go back and read through now to see what everyone has been up to x
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • vulpix
    Forumite
    Hi all, I am waiting for rain.The garden looks ok but would benefit from a good soak. I don't have any grass.Both front and back gardens don't warrant getting a mower out.I have paved the back with borders round.A courtyard garden. My next door neighbour has artificial grass.I am sure there must be different types.His looks extremely green.

Are you all on Instagram?I have an account now but have no idea how to use it.How do I find you all?

I would just love some cold Christmassy weather now.

Vx
     :
  • vulpix wrote: »
    Hi all, I am waiting for rain.The garden looks ok but would benefit from a good soak. I don't have any grass.Both front and back gardens don't warrant getting a mower out.I have paved the back with borders round.A courtyard garden. My next door neighbour has artificial grass.I am sure there must be different types.His looks extremely green.

Are you all on Instagram?I have an account now but have no idea how to use it.How do I find you all?

I would just love some cold Christmassy weather now.

Vx

Our IG accounts are on post 4 of this thread. Although I know mine for one is an old account and my new one is grosvenor_raine once you find one you will recognise our names in the followers hth
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    I'm a bit gutted that poundworld are all closing as i got my white tinsel from there last year (took me ages to find the right one) and needed a couple of extra bits for this year as we have changed the tree and it's bigger - bet won't be able to find any more I like . We don't have one close to us either to go and bargain hunt.

No real other christmassy bits going on. Not sure what to do for the adult gifts this year. Saw some great wooden personalised coasters i wanted to get for families but they work out too expensive with the amount I would need so may have to see if there are cheaper alternatives out there
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    edited 28 July 2018 at 5:56PM
    I just had artificial grass laid VULPIX, I love it, it even has little brown bits at the roots like you get in real grass. Even the lady who planned the borders out for me was impressed. We only have a small square of lawn (about 12 x 10) so it seems silly to keep a lawnmower just for that.

I am on Instagram but I hardly ever post anything so a bit uninteresting to follow.

Not really Christmassy but I bought two small hard backed scrapbooks in The Works and I plan to do a This Is Me book for the two little DGSs with photos of them in from when they were babies up until now. They do like looking at pictures of themselves. I was thinking of captions for each photo like, This is me when I was .......then the last page will be mirror card and say This is me today.

I just solved the mystery of why the random numbers and exclamation marks appear in posts sometimes. It happens when you edit a post, the numbers and exclamation marks replace any apostrophes. You can probably guess that it just happened to me which is why I have taken all the apostrophes out of the post.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • vulpix
    Forumite
    edited 28 July 2018 at 8:41PM
    Peppa,I think the man next doors grass must be ex greengrocers! Much too green lol.

What a lovely thing to do for your DGS's. I did similar many years ago for children in care that I worked with.I did it for my own children too and gave it them at their 18th Birthday parties.They loved them and everyone at the party loved them too.I included pictures they did and early writing etc,all sorts of things. The first envelope ever addressed to them,letters they wrote to Father Christmas,a letter to my son from his friend in Y1 apologising for biting him! etc

I picked up a couple of bits for DD2 today from Home bargains. A cake board to go with the cake making book and the lazy susan and a cute cat shaped mug.Also got some Duff beer the other week for DS from Lidl.

I will get onto the instagram thing.Not tomorrow as I am off gadding with the coven to a patchwork exhibition and then to an open garden.Sex drugs n rock n roll eh? Later dd1 and ds coming for tea then off to a comedy club.

Had some rain,liked it and would like some more please.

Vx
     :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family