Become a TV/film extra... official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

Comments

• RMarsham
    RMarsham Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 23 November 2010 at 2:29PM
    I also applied with EXTRAS.CO.UK (who are seemingly as duplicitous as Paramount Media) - I was told to be in Cardiff from the 28th to the 5th December and was asked for £50 room deposit (I didn't give it). I was stupid enough to book train ticket and arrange my entire world to be taken care of while I was away for a week! Am more than gutted. I suppose it's a quick and easy little earner for them! :(
  • Have you now discovered proof that this is a scam then?
  • Never apply, They are scammers and there is no work and you will left in Cardiff with nothing to show for.
  • What if they havnt asked you for cash upfront?

I havnt been asked for any cash, just to turn up. They going to murder me and take my bank details?

I'm not going by the way, just wanted to know what their plans were if they wren't asking for cash upfront.
  • I was an extra in charlie and the chocolate factory.

standard pay for the day was £80 + food. Then if you do anything extra you got paid a lot more.

Good fun, I enjoyed it
  • I've been doing extra/supporting artist work for about 6 months now, and paid work isn't that easy to find if you're not with an agency! And the trouble is that most reputable agencies only open their books once a year, so hitting them at the right time is essential...and even then you aren't guaranteed to be accepted. As I'm currently finding out.
  • V-S-210
    V-S-210 Posts: 34
    First Post
    Forumite
    musashi10 wrote: »
    I was an extra in charlie and the chocolate factory.

standard pay for the day was £80 + food. Then if you do anything extra you got paid a lot more.

Good fun, I enjoyed it

Cool, which company did you sign up to? Do some shows request extras from specific backgrounds (e.g, african, asian) for specific shows?
  • Hiya

I did this for a while as a student. When the jobs came up the pay was good (got £500 for one advert I was in, only took a couple hours photo shoot) but they come up at such short notice and are always during normal office hours, there's no way I could do it on top of a full time job these days.
  • Hiya - I see a couple of posts re Lemon Casting (not very positive!!) :eek: - I did a lot of extra work years ago through the Denman Agency (Jack Denman passed away last year so the agency folded) and Show Business in Nottingham and there was a lot of paid work around (ok a bit boring hanging around all day but it was ok). Recently I decided to get back into it and am considering registering with Lemon in Manchester. You pay £40 registration fee which is the norm, then they take photos and you pay from your first lot of work. Has anyone else worked for Andrea and do you recommend this agency?? Thank you! :beer:
  • wilf55
    wilf55 Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    am going to keep an eye on this thread looks interesting
    Save 12k in 2015 member 187. £62.50/6000
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills