Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Comments

• By the way, the phone case arrived half an hour after I left to catch my coach so Am@zon have refunded the cost plus the postage. They'll never make a profit if they keep using that delivery company!
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • 117pauline
    117pauline Posts: 743 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi HH

Hello from a very hot Spain. I am spending my time between the house and the pool! It's a hard life.

I have been to visit some friends about 1.5 hours away and managed perfectly. Also I have been out with a neighbour a couple of time.

I reckon I will be doing the charity shop saunter tomorrow when you are. We are going to a small town with 5 English charity shops so it should be fun as it is my birthday.

I'm glad you had a good break. Take care honey
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • Hi Pauline, nice to hear from you :). I'm glad you're having a relaxing time in Spain. Happy birthday for tomorrow :bdaycake:
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,261 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad that you had a lovely relaxing time :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Have a very lovely relaxing birthday pauline.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• I enjoyed my Saturday ramble today :). I didn't buy any books, but I did buy a tee shirt :o. I was lured by sales signs and bought a top that was half price and then had another 20% off. Too good to resist a quality tee shirt for a tenner :T It was hot again but Costalot was cooler than out in the sun so I enjoyed my latte. Then I bought cheese in Mr T for £1.55 and grapes, rasberries and blueberries from the fruit stall for £3 :money:.

I did the furry moron on Thursday so I decided to tackle the garden which had gone a bit wild in the week I was away :eek:. I cut down a big bush that needed constant pruning and blocked our view of half the garden (I need to dig up the root ball but I'll do that another day) and then chucked out a clematis in a pot that rarely flowered and was growing over the path and smothering two other plants. It's really opened up the garden and will mean less pruning for me from now on :T. I was really hot and red faced when I finished (overheated not sun burn, lucky I wore a sun hat and sunblock).

Before I went out this morning I put a wash on and put some towels in the garden to dry. When I got back they were bone dry so I hung out the new load to dry. This weather is great for drying laundry :).

Meanwhile DH went out with DS2 to get his euros for Spain. It's DS2's last evening before he goes :(!

I hope everyone is having a good Saturday.
  • I enjoyed my Saturday ramble today :)Then I bought cheese in Mr T for £1.55 and grapes, rasberries and blueberries from the fruit stall for £3 :money:

Before I went out this morning I put a wash on and put some towels in the garden to dry. When I got back they were bone dry so I hung out the new load to dry. This weather is great for drying laundry :).

I love having lots of lovely fresh fruit around in the summer. We've been lucky with our raspberries this year, and are looking forward to our 6 apricots - well, the tree had a splendid year 2 yrs ago, so I just have to be patient with it !

I actually enjoy summer laundry, everything smells wonderful from outdoors drying, and you can wash all those things that normally only get done annually. I even see the bottom of the laundry basket - a rare pleasure.

Happy Saturday !
  • beanielou
    I love having lots of lovely fresh fruit around in the summer. We've been lucky with our raspberries this year, and are looking forward to our 6 apricots - well, the tree had a splendid year 2 yrs ago, so I just have to be patient with it !

I actually enjoy summer laundry, everything smells wonderful from outdoors drying, and you can wash all those things that normally only get done annually. I even see the bottom of the laundry basket - a rare pleasure.

Happy Saturday !

Another summer laundry lover here.
    Also wahs things that only get done once in a blue moon.
    The simple pleasures:D

• I love having lots of lovely fresh fruit around in the summer. We've been lucky with our raspberries this year, and are looking forward to our 6 apricots - well, the tree had a splendid year 2 yrs ago, so I just have to be patient with it !

Happy Saturday !
    beanielou wrote: »
    Another summer laundry lover here.
    Also wahs things that only get done once in a blue moon.
    The simple pleasures:D

Summer berries and summer laundry are good pleasures in life :).
  • I'm up early (for a Sunday) because DS2 is travelling to Spain today.

It's chucking it down with rain at the moment, so it's lucky I did the gardening and the laundry yesterday! A car alarm is going off now!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure