*****ALDI Super Six fruit and veg offers*****

Comments

• Can anyone who has purchased the beetroot in this super 6 confirm what type of beetroot is available? Is it cooked vacuum packed or bunches of beetroot?
    Cooked and vacuum packed, bought some yesterday :D
  • We are back to veg for the next Super 6 from 12th to 25th October.

At 39p:
    Carrots 1kg
    Parsnips 600g
    onions 1kg

At 59p:
    Baby potatoes 1 kg
    Leeks 500g
    Large flat mushrooms 250g

Good soup making selection there but not so good for the parrot sadly!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Very true TravellingAbuela, just carrots from that list. Hopefully better pickings for him next time.
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    We are back to veg for the next Super 6 from 12th to 25th October.

At 39p:
    Carrots 1kg
    Parsnips 600g
    onions 1kg

At 59p:
    Baby potatoes 1 kg
    Leeks 500g
    Large flat mushrooms 250g

Good soup making selection there but not so good for the parrot sadly!

Looks good from here, but I don't have a parrot yet.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • Yay lots of soup lunches, and my local new large Aldi shop opens tomorrow saving me a 12 mile round trip to Sittingbourne.
    Parsnip and apple
    carrot and coriander
    leek and potato
    lots of onions for dicing up into bags for the freezer, right up my street :):):)
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,124 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Don't you find onions lose something after freezing ?
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    PLRFD wrote: »
    I’ve never done it myself (not a fan of onions) but would imagine they would be ok if making the base for a dish where bite isn’t a concern. But according to Mumsnet, it’s the top food hack for saving time in the kitchen.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    JackieO wrote: »
    If its the vacuum packed beetroot I shall get some and I freeze it in individual portions.one beetroot wrapped in clingfilm and frozen when defrosted is more than enough for me on my own Last time I bought three packs and I finished the last one last week Easy to store in the freezer as well as they can be popped into small odd spaces.Broccoli and celery will be bought and turned into soup or frozen in chunks.I have just enough lettuce to last me until thursday so I will buy some of that and also some tomatoes and any left if they are going soft will be turned into pasta sauce with a few herbs.I am looking forward to the winter veg coming though,and will stock up on leeks carrots and parsnips for vats of soup in the cold weather.Our new Aldi's opens this Thursday locally which will save me a 12 mile round trip in future

JackieO

Have in the past stopped buying these packs of beetroot as I struggled to get through them before they went off, bought one and froze some to see how it defrosts, if the texture is fine you have saved me some waste and I will get to have yummy beetroot more often yay:T
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

• ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    PLRFD wrote: »

Not for use in a soup, stew or sauce base. In the past I have done bags of mixed finely chopped carrot, onion, celery and garlic ready for instant bases. Can use from frozen, great to throw in the slow cooker.

Ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

• dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    ALIBOBSY wrote: »
    Have in the past stopped buying these packs of beetroot as I struggled to get through them before they went off, bought one and froze some to see how it defrosts, if the texture is fine you have saved me some waste and I will get to have yummy beetroot more often yay:T

Cooked beetroot freezes and defrosts fine if sliced. Do it all the time with glut from my garden.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback