PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• Onebrokelady
    Options
    I took the bag of stuff I removed from the spare room to the charity shop at work today,I also decluttered
    4 pairs of pjs,I no longer wear
    I decorative tin
    Three glass tealight holders
    One bowl
    All from my bedroom and all have gone to the charity shop
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1-3. Three items sold on eBay today
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 22 January 2019 at 12:46AM
    Options
    27. Bagged up another parcel of books and DVDs for We Buy Books. Anothrr £20 made.
    Whilst I am bagging / sorting out. I keep thinking to myself how much did this lot cost me that I am now disposing/ recycling / selling. My dad always says that you should then add another 20% or 40% on for tax - to thrn it into gross salary.
    Books - only going to buy my favourite authors from now on. As said earlier have three year supply of reading and any new ones must come from the library. DVDs - I know only buy them from cs - so expenditure on DVDs last year was less than £10.
    Clothes / shoes - going to have to rethink my strategy. I give myself a very, very generous budget but I am going to have to start to be far more choosy. Some clothes last me for years and are firm favourites and don't owe me a penny. Some sit in my wardrobe and per wearing costs too much- this must be reduced.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Today we were all very late getting up :o - I was up 1st so made teas & coffee. DSis had an appointment at the surgery - nurse then doctor so had a bath beforehand. DH is trying to make his F*tb*t happy - so went for a couple of 20 minute walks :D My F*tb*t is happy again - have been active for 10 hours, reached my goal for daily steps including a 25 minute walk. I sorted the baking shelf in the larder - combined a few bits. Also emptied & rearranged the contents of the Br*xit Cupboard & also the condiments/herbs/spices cupboard. Contents listed & printed off. Home cooked fish, chips & mixed vegetables for dinner

110 - 111 Contents of 4 plastic pots decanted into 2 plastic pots - 2 pots binned
    112 Contents of 2 small boxes decanted into one - box recycled
    113 - 116 Two Uu glass jars & 2 metal lids - washed out & recycled
    117 Newspaper read & recycled

So now that I have faffed around in the kitchen, tomorrow I need to pick a box from the spare room & knuckle under :( I really must stop shilly-shallaying around :D otherwise I will never get my numbers moving :D

Cheerleading starts here :)

sellotape, well done on keeping the numbers moving along :T It does make it difficult having no transport - having to wait when you have identified an item is a ‘pita’ :rotfl:

villagelife, typical eh :rotfl: perhaps you can hide some of his clutter & if he doesn’t notice then get rid :D Well Done on keeping the numbers ticking over & I applaud getting maximum use out of your seed trays :T

ScarletRibbons, repurposing is almost as good as decluttering :D especially as you have tidied as well :T

chupachups4, Good work - decluttering plus building up the savings pot :T

whmf00001, being flexible in your attitude to stuff is a major decluttering bonus. If it doesn’t sell, give away - I applaud you :T as you say - you just want stuff gone out of your home :rotfl:

Well done HappyKitties :T

parsniphead, no ‘pushing’ yourself - decluttering is a ‘joyful pastime’ :rotfl: not a chore :rotfl: or so I try to tell myself :rotfl: Anything decluttered is a win :T

White_musk, hope you have thawed out properly :D

janejamie, Well Done on keeping stuff out of landfill :T The way you are decluttering you will definitely reach & pass the 100 mark very easily

bargainhunterss, nothing like having visitors to spur you on to declutter :D
    That’s why we never invite anyone in :rotfl:

nannywindows, you’ve obviously ‘borrowed’ my decluttering mojo :rotfl:
    Regardless of that, well done on the really good decluttering :T & getting DH on board & I fully approve of having your own chauffeur :T :D

DD265, Well Done on the decluttering of paperwork :T - I always find shredding so therapeutic :D You seem to have the books/DVDs well sorted - I now only have 2 series of books + lots of copies of LOTR & a copy of The Stand which I will be keeping & am currently rereading after seeing the TV series recently. Last year I cleared out 400 - 500 books - all to cs & every single one read at least once :D Still have way too many cookery books :D:o:p

Hermia, Hopefully ‘loads of money’ in your piggy bank :D

Well said daisy 1571 :T

Onebrokelady, Well Done :T - you have definitely caught the decluttering bug :rotfl:

Welcome Barny1979 - Well Done on selling items :T & I hope you have a nice treat planned :D

Gem-gem, excellent decluttering & more money in the piggy bank :T. Perhaps your ‘expensive per wear clothes’ could be sold & any proceeds banked as your clothes/shoes allowance. I must say I was extremely impressed by how little you spent on DVDs last year :D

I will love you & leave you :D

More power to our decluttering mojo :D

MrsSD
    117/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Ginmonster
    Options
    I haven't done much over the last 2 days apart from noon a used up candle (I've been making an effort to burn some of the many many scented candles I seem to own).

Today should be more productive as I need to sort the dining room out. We have guests coming on Saturday night for dinner and board games so we need the big table and right now it's covered in just about everything. The room as a whole has becomea dumping ground so I've got my work cut out. Still, having a reason to do it and a deadline really helps focus the mind.
  • chupachups4
    chupachups4 Posts: 156 Forumite
    edited 22 January 2019 at 11:23AM
    Options
    Good Morning,

63-65: 3 toys
    66: item sold, 12 euros in the travel pot
    67: paperworks
    68: item sold, 7.22 euros in the travel pot
    1st goal: 0/936 euros
    2nd goal: 0/15160 euros
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Utility cupboard drawers were done yesterday.
    10 items to charity bag (shopping bags, dog stuff) and 47 binned\recycled.
    It's now all cleaned and organised nearly a large MKondo.

Today I've had the food delivery and in the process have taken out 20 food items for the food bank, stuff that just won't get eaten here because it's not to taste\SEN D'S won't entertain it.

Medicine basket today so a nice easy one.

How are people feeling on their decluttering journey? Anyone feeling different now to when they started? Anyone uncovered any lost treasures?
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,761 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all,

No decluttering yesterday - it was food shopping day and I was tired. Today I have more things to post and I'm going out in a minute so probably the posted things will be the only things leaving.

40 - 43 plastic gaming figures sold on Ebay
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 January 2019 at 11:50AM
    Options
    *90 ink cartridgesx2 -recycling
    *91 plastic packaging-recycling

Logging in while I remember.

Chuffed, I am sorting out the airing cupboard.
    With the help of u tube I managed to neatly fold a fitted sheet yesterday:D. Airing cupboard looking much better:T and hoping to sort out bottom shelf tomorrow. Have a rag bag going as i've been sorting.
    It is surprising how much junk/treasure/rubbish u can accumulate, I've been shocked with what I have been finding
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Downshifterella
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Room for another? :D

I'm desperate to get on top of the clutter in our house this year! I feel like I say this every year but am feeling motivated ( and overwhelmed in equal measure! ;))

Am starting with the smallest but most avoided task of the bathroom ....it needs everything out ....a proper floor to cieing deep clean and then stuff put back in!

I'm going in......wish me luck! :eek::eek::rotfl:
    MF planning for the simple life :beer::j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family