Annual Travel Insurance

I have an annual travel policy that ends in March and am about to pay the balance on a Florida holiday that will happen in May. I rang up to renew my premium in advance so that it ran on but policy had gone up from £140 to £210, 50%!. I got another quote for similar cover with a different provider for £147. If I take that out from March, will my existing policy cover me if anything happens between now and then? Or am I best taking the new policy out from the day I pay for the holiday (and hence lose about six weeks cover - effectively wiping out the saving). I've tried reading the small print but it isn't clear.

Any advice or experience?

Thanks

Comments

• Martin has written specifically about this. As long as the 2 policies are contiguous (run back to back with no gap) you are covered.
    Let me Google that for you...
  • I am in the same situation, current annual policy ends 1 month before next holiday...… so if I have annual insurance with 2 different companies running back to back with no gap, if flights for next holiday were cancelled for some reason, before the end of my current annual policy, which would I claim from??

Grateful for any advice
    Thanks
  • ic
    ic Posts: 3,291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Is there anything special about your policy? Nationwide Flexplus provides worldwide annual travel cover as one of its benefits - and a year costs £156. You also get commission free withdrawals abroad, mobile phone insurance and break down cover.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    MINIME wrote: »
    I am in the same situation, current annual policy ends 1 month before next holiday...… so if I have annual insurance with 2 different companies running back to back with no gap, if flights for next holiday were cancelled for some reason, before the end of my current annual policy, which would I claim from??

Grateful for any advice
    Thanks

If you need to make a claim for anything you claim against the policy in force at the time the claim event happens.

So in the scenario you mention (and you needed to claim for insured losses you experienced as a result of the cancellation of your flights) then you would claim from your current insurer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure