Poundland Bargain Thread -

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I noted my local Poundland selling glue guns, the glue sticks can be purchased separately. I assumed they were hot (ie required batteries) but was disappointed to see that both were marked at £2 - making it a non-MSE purchase of £4. A gun with a small supply of glue priced at £1 would have been much better value. Better still is my craft glue, which has lasted for years.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 September 2018 at 9:50PM
    Two quick things from Union Street, Glasgow:

A Boy, A Bear, A Balloon By Brittany Rubiano, RRP £3.99

and Pantene Micellar Cleanse & Nourish Foam Conditioner 180ml (I liked this, got a sample of it a while back, sister doesn't, for some reason).

£1 each.
    yoOK6NK.jpg?1
    PS: Forgot to say, this store also has the Fry's Orange Cream 3 pack bars in stock, discussed recently on HUKD
    3043275_1.jpg
  • LouLou
    edited 15 September 2018 at 10:24PM
    From Argyle Street, Glasgow:

Manhattan Fresher Skin "Breathable, Natural Finish Foundation, Shine-Free Finish, Does not Clog Pores" SPF15, 25ml, in 30 Soft Porcelain and 33 True Ivory shades.
    PlKmI8u.jpg?1
    £1.95 at Fragrance Direct https://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/manhattan-fresher-skin-foundation-25ml-0096149.html (more shades on there) but I think they're the German equivalent of Rimmel - all the Manhattan makeup I've picked up over the years has been decent.

Review in German/English: http://glamzeit.de/2016/11/23/manhattan-fresher-skin-foundation-review/

If you buy from Cosmetics Fairy (I used to, when they had Airspun Loose Powder in stock, been a while since I've had a browse!) they sell it for 99p in 34 Soft Beige http://www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk/manhattan-fresher-skin-natural-finish-foundation-soft-beige-34.html
  • LouLou
    edited 26 September 2018 at 4:48PM
    From Trongate, Glasgow (the hanging strip-type cosmetics) Max Factor Eyefinity Smoky Eye Pencil - 2 colours in one pencil, a lid at each end - 02 Black Charcoal and 02 Brushed Copper.
    sSufB0C.jpg?1
    61qvGbIhq%2BL._SY355_.jpg
    There's other shades of eyeliner pencil available too. This Google Images picture seems to give some indication what's out there.
    dbc2625a8e6e0fad1d411345f667e1ac.jpg
    Also saw Maybelline Liquid Eyeliner but didn't buy one, as they were in Green or Purple!
  • LouLou
    edited 27 September 2018 at 12:33PM
    Good news! Twin Peaks is BACK from the 5th October.

From the Facebook and Twitter Poundland links..

New shape, same great taste…Twin Peaks is back for good :):p In stores on 5th October.2Q==

3061643_2.jpg
    From the Poundland video, the Twin Peaks' packaging seems the same, the new shape looks like this (so this may explain why they disappeared again)
    3061643.jpg
  • LouLou
    edited 29 September 2018 at 2:05PM
    From Argyle Street, Glasgow: Centrum Vitamints Refreshing Lemon Multivitamin (28 Chewable Tablets For Adults) Supplement With Sugar And Sweeteners (date March 2019). Also available in Trongate in Mint flavour. £1.

Just realised it says "Take two tablets a day", though :(iU3Xh3E.jpg?1
    zoXhAR7.jpg?1
  • Middy_Oil
    Middy_Oil Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Science Museum “Flying Science” set Brighton Western Road £1 (on Amazon it’s over £12, £14.99 on Argos)
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    LouLou wrote: »
    Good news! Twin Peaks is BACK from the 5th October.
    I had a Google just now to check the weight (180g btw) and it seems the bars have caused quite a stir today! Some of the pics are pretty unbelievable! Which leads me to believe they may be staged.

Poundland2.png?strip=all&w=631
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • LouLou
    edited 5 October 2018 at 11:57PM
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I had a Google just now to check the weight (180g btw) and it seems the bars have caused quite a stir today! Some of the pics are pretty unbelievable! Which leads me to believe they may be staged.

Poundland2.png?strip=all&w=631
    Someone needs to Photoshop a Polaroid Telly onto that photo :rotfl:

I'm sure, though, as before, I will be able to pick mine up easily (as I did during the first wave of hype and some were saying they were selling out - surprising, maybe, as Glaswegians like chocolate more than salad). I do genuinely enjoy them, though.

Edit: The Sun link above also says there's a White Chocolate version on the way, from October 12thhLKEOTo.pngApparently Fruit And Nut Twin Peaks is on the way a week later!
  • LeeRits
    LeeRits Posts: 657 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    They were by the door in my local poundland. Full display of them, everyone walked straight past, myself included. Those pictures are definitely staged :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback