Halifax Clarity ending Legacy APR

Just had notification that Halifax are moving a tranche of legacy account holders to their new business APR of 19.9% early 2020. Last time I looked it was 18.9%

Not a major issue as I don't borrow on the card but a significant jump from around 13% to around 20%. Will probably ditch it in due course and use other options.

Comments

• Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    edited 19 November 2019 at 8:49PM
    Had the same letter regarding a 30 year old Lloyds credit card (gold mastercard) account. It appears the APR is now being increased to correspond with the APR on their other cards (or similar wording to that effect).
    Don't pay interest on it so not bothered. Only keep it for the high credit limit and the account age. This was the very first card I had that was branded as a Mastercard and not an Access card.
  • A4445
    A4445 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Creation Cards did this to me 12.9 to 19.9 only use the card abroad so it doesn’t really matter.
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,136 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just had the letter today for my Clarity card which was at 13.2%

The only interest I pay is on overseas cash withdrawals but I've started to use Starling more for that it probably won't affect me much. I'll still keep the Clarity for non-Sterling hotel and airline bookings
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Received two letters in the post today (separate envelopes), one for each of my Halifax credit cards.

Meh.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport