Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    Just managed to sneak in my last repayment of the year.
    Not quite as much as I had hoped but anything is better than nothing.
    Feel slightly better now as I feel I have a small safety net now.

Have a happy time all, whatever you are doing.

Well done you!

A safety net is always good, and since it's interest you don't have to pay, it's a net that keeps catching.

Merry Christmas

blue_christmas_card.jpg
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • To sneak any payment in pre Christmas is such an achievement and an act of bravery. Well done.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Woooooo hoooooo finally the diary i have been desperate for for years ... well done me dear :) i know it will be a good read :)

well done also on the payments this time of year that is in itself a huge achievement :)
  • Beanie - an overpayment is an overpayment is an overpayment - WELL DONE :T:T:T :D:D:D And ZTD is right, no more interest to pay on that portion of capital - forever!

Hope you have a brilliant Christmas, and I look forward to carrying on *speaking* with you in 2015 :D

Thanks for all your support Beanie :D

Greying x
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £2/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £120.73/215
    Non-food household spend April £25.94/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Charity Blankets completed 1/24
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,118 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Thank you so much my lovely friends for all your support.
    It means more than I can say & more than you know xxx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Just too add that also this in one of the only years I can remember not going out to buy extra pressies thinking thinking I had not bought whoever enough.
    I felt mean but stood strong.
    I feel better for it as well.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Well done Beanie! There's a huge pressure to do that, isn't there - glad you resisted, and glad you feel good for it. Looking forward to next year now :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    beanielou wrote: »
    I felt mean

You just feel mean. That doesn't mean you are mean.

......Besides I think it is a much underated positive quality!
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Would it have added anything to Christmas if you had made those extra purchases?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    Would it have added anything to Christmas if you had made those extra purchases?

Most likely not other than to make me feel less mean ( & less of a failure I suppose). My DS has never only had just 1 parcel to open(which doesent mean that was right either BTW).
    Ho hum.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback