Car finance documents

Can anyone help?
I picked up a car from Arnold Clark on Monday on finance with Vauxhall finance, conditional sale. Before picking the car up I was told the finance had been approved. I took all relevant documents, signed everything I needed to etc and took the car.

I'm now being asked to provide more documents. Is this right? I'm confused as to why they're still asking when one, I was told everything was in order and the finance had been approved etc and 2, I managed to drive the car off the lot.

Thanks

Comments

• Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    What additional documents are they asking for and who exactly is doing the asking?
  • They're asking for bank statements, which I already sent over to them. And Arnold Clark, they said the finance company is asking for them.
  • leish1994 wrote: »
    Can anyone help?
    I picked up a car from Arnold Clark on Monday on finance with Vauxhall finance, conditional sale. Before picking the car up I was told the finance had been approved. I took all relevant documents, signed everything I needed to etc and took the car.

Approved or approved in principle?
  • He said it was approved and the car was mine, now he's asking for documents that I've already provided
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Georg1o wrote: »
    I think you're missing something. It would have been way better if you asked them why they need the documents that you have sent previously. These are some basic questions that a person should ask before creating a topic to look for the answer.

Exactly my thoughts.
  • I did ask, thanks. All they said was that they needed them for the finance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure