BT seems a rip off for Broadband!! It was £37 a month, now £47!! Contract is up!

So my contract with BT is up for BT Broadband (superfast fibre unlimited) anytime calls and line rental!

Was paying £37 a month now its up to £47 a month. They tried to get me a bundle package including TV but not interested as the freeview channels I have is all I need.

Haven't renewed my BT contract and thinking of changing to another provider like Vodafone or Post Office!

Decisions, decisions, BT seems a rip off!! :mad:

Comments

• Recontract. I’m £33.99 for BTSport. Simple. Or use the u stitched con site!
  • sunni
    sunni Posts: 785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Recontract. I’m £33.99 for BTSport. Simple. Or use the u stitched con site!
    I asked for Retention Team and best price was still £47 :mad:
  • I am with BT and the prices are a joke.

Had a good deal for the first 18 months but now its just too expensive.

I've just switched to the 'Big Bundle' with Virgin for £29 per months and £25 set-up fee.

Its less than the best BT price they offered and I get TV included.
    :jTo be Young AGAIN!!!!...what a wonderfull thought!!!!!:rolleyes:
  • 8ofspades
    8ofspades Posts: 141 Forumite
    BT are awful, I do my best to try and stay away from them! Plusnet us the closest I'll get - we had to have a new line installed when we moved, I thought bt was my only option so signed up, but wasn't happy with the price or bring stuck with them for 18 months. Found out I could use Plusnet (bt owned but I've always found them considerably better although they wouldn't be my first choice) - got a really sarcastic, horrible guy on bt customer services when I called to cancel.

Vodafone have always been good to me, or my sister had a really good deal and good service from nowtv.
  • Benight
    Benight Posts: 418 Forumite
    First Post
    sunni wrote: »
    So my contract with BT is up for BT Broadband (superfast fibre unlimited) anytime calls and line rental!

Was paying £37 a month now its up to £47 a month. They tried to get me a bundle package including TV but not interested as the freeview channels I have is all I need.

Haven't renewed my BT contract and thinking of changing to another provider like Vodafone or Post Office!

Decisions, decisions, BT seems a rip off!! :mad:
    sunni wrote: »
    I asked for Retention Team and best price was still £47 :mad:

Use your BT online account to see all the options available to you.

http://www.bt.com/personalised-deal

£47pm sounds like the normal cost for those out of contract. You need to agree a new contract to get a deal.
  • Easy........ SWITCH :)

I currently pay £22 for 34mb and landline with Plusnet
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I am with Plusnet too been with them for over 6 years each time contract is up I bargain with them. Currently paying £28.98 including line rental for Unlimited Fibre Extra.
  • sunni
    Got a talk talk deal for unlimited fast fibre speed boost £24.95 (72-76 mb) including line rental, no set up fees. Sounds good :D
  • sunni
    Now BT giving me Superfast Fibre unlimited broadband (72-76 mb) for £29.95 a month including line rental. They say Talk Talk won't give me free anti-virus and won't have 24/7 tech help!
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,117 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I was paying BT £73 a month, then they wanted more, I had paid advance line rental, and that took the total monthly down to the £73 they were upping it about £3 a month and they never notified me of any increase. I jumped to Plusnet and I ditched the TV part when I switched, and the TV tax, a saving of £300 a year. I also paid advance line rental but they started to put their up, so I switched again after I had 11 months of my advance payment, I will be switching again in about 12 months as the minimum contract period will be up.
    Someone please tell me what money is
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport