Add your feedback on energy supplier OneSelect

Comments

• orcocan
    orcocan Posts: 271 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I switched to Oneselect a few months ago and the switch was far from being pain-free as EDF tried to overcharge me on my final bill. It was only resolved after repeated formal complaints.

As far as Oneselect goes, i have nothing bad to say so overall I'm very happy about their tariff which is A LOT lower than my previous one. Admittedly i have not had any need for particular customer support (although they were polilte and helpful the one time I needed to call them) so I'm not sure how good it is but given how dreadful the EDF customer support was at the end I'll happily pay less and take my chances. Thumbs up from me.
  • Terrible service from this company. Have been trying to switch from (helpful, well informed) Sainsbury's Energy since September and One Select has been totally hopeless. They told me the switch had gone through - which it hadn't. When I found out, they told me it was Sainsbury's fault. Sainsbury's never received a request to switch!
    The story goes on (and on) - they told me to start all over again and reapply, then told me they thought it wouldn't go through and it was Sainsbury's fault.
    Now I have the boredom of switching my electricity (that switch did go through) from stupid One Select, and start all over again with the gas.
    Hopeless, hopeless, hopeless - avoid.
  • _Kismet
    _Kismet Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 11 March 2018 at 2:17PM
    Awful. You should avoid. I'll be looking to leave as soon as things have settled. Perhaps the only redeeming feature is that there is no early termination charge.

The biggest issue I have with OneSelect is that they are terrible at communication.

Switched both gas and electricity to OneSelect last month. The switch seemed to complete OK, and they took their first direct debit.

No communication #1:
    They said that they would let me know when I would be able to create an online account. This is important because I want to be able to submit regular meter readings. Heard nothing back. Eventually, on my own initiative, I went ahead and tried to create an online account. It worked. So now I had my online account set up and I could see my all account and tarriff information. I query this, but no reply.

No communication #2, #3, #4, etc:
    I try submitting meter readings. The electricity reading submits fine but the website refuses to accept my gas meter reading. I get the messsage "There seems to be a problem with your meter read. Please try again later or contact our customer service team on 0333 2125973 or customercare@oneselect.co.uk". I try submitting meter readings on several further occasions. Every time, I can submit the electricity meter reading but their system refuses to accept my gas reading. Each time I email them, and each time I got no reply.

So maybe I'm going to try phoning them next. Personally I prefer email so I don't waste time being put on hold.
  • Not sure why I have waited so long to switch but I have taken the plunge. Rang them first as the online site would not calculate my offer. Very helpful staff suggested that I use chrome and not internet explorer. Chrome worked fine with their website. Will post again when I know that I am being switched.
  • Signed up then realised the numbers were misleading. they failed to reply to my email so I threatened to leave. I left after 1 month. they have taken 2 months direct debit (I've now cancelled that to prevent them taking any more).

I gave them the final meter readings. Still no reply to my email. The websites shows nothing ... it just doesn't work apart from the "Dashboard" screen, which itself does nothing.

No bill. No refund.
    Just emailed again. It will be the energy ombudsman shortly ...
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Recently switched dual fuel. Was informed that would be asked for a final meter reading prior to the switch but wasn't so the final bill with Scottish Power & initial readings for OneSelect are an estimate. Didn't seem worth quibbling about as the difference will not be vast.

Last week I entered the first meter readings on the website. Confusingly the electricity updates in real time & while the gas gives a message saying reading successfully submitted it does not register. Called them up & only waited about 30 seconds for an answer. Apparently the gas reading must be "verified" whatever that means & the girl on the phone didn't know or how long it takes. The correct meter reading as submitted was in my account a few days later with the read date as the day after I submitted the reading.
  • I switched just over 6 months ago when the BG collective deal ended and the switch was hassle free and quick. At that time I was told the website would not be able to take readings but would very shortly. I think it was about two months after that when I could actually access the website. I had the same problem in not being able to enter my gas reading so after I had given it over the phone I logged a complaint by email. The reply told me about the verification process so I replied suggesting that the website should at least let the customer know that they had successfully submitted their reading. I got a quick reply saying they thought that was a good idea and would pass it on to the relevant team. Last month I submitted my readings again and found that the website now showed both gas and electricity readings immediately after I had submitted them (although it is not immediately obvious how to access the gas readings). Soon after I received my bill by email.:
  • Not sure why I have waited so long to switch but I have taken the plunge. Rang them first as the online site would not calculate my offer. Very helpful staff suggested that I use chrome and not internet explorer. Chrome worked fine with their website. Will post again when I know that I am being switched.

I received an email asking for my meter readings today but my start date is not until the 22nd April. I rang OneSelect and questioned this and I suggested that I would give them the meter readings on the 22nd April otherwise I would end up paying twice for my provision between today and the 22nd. They accepted that and I then rang Eon (my current provider) and asked them if they were aware of the start date - they were not - so I asked the Eon operator to make a note on my record that I have been given the start date of the 22nd and that I will be issuing my final readings on the 22nd online to both providers on the 22nd so that there is a record of what I submit.

Both Eon and OneSelect have been very responsive to my requests and I have no problem getting through on the telephone to either company.

On the issue of setting up the online account with OneSelect; as soon as you have an account number you can register for an online account but you cannot enter any readings until you actual start date. I have asked them to update their letter that says
    "Online - We'll let you know when you can register for an online account and submit your readings at any time"

so that it is clearer. The operative said she will forward my comment and she also thanked me for this.

Will post again on the changeover date but so far so good.
    Fingers are still crossed. Looking forward to cheaper monthly bills.
  • PennineAcute
    PennineAcute Posts: 1,158 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Start readings can be given +- 5days from your start date. If you give a reading before your start date, and this is accepted by the verifying compnay, you would not be charged twice.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I received an email asking for my meter readings today but my start date is not until the 22nd April. I rang OneSelect and questioned this and I suggested that I would give them the meter readings on the 22nd April otherwise I would end up paying twice for my provision between today and the 22nd. They accepted that and I then rang Eon (my current provider) and asked them if they were aware of the start date - they were not - so I asked the Eon operator to make a note on my record that I have been given the start date of the 22nd and that I will be issuing my final readings on the 22nd online to both providers on the 22nd so that there is a record of what I submit.

Both Eon and OneSelect have been very responsive to my requests and I have no problem getting through on the telephone to either company.

On the issue of setting up the online account with OneSelect; as soon as you have an account number you can register for an online account but you cannot enter any readings until you actual start date. I have asked them to update their letter that says
    "Online - We'll let you know when you can register for an online account and submit your readings at any time"

so that it is clearer. The operative said she will forward my comment and she also thanked me for this.

Will post again on the changeover date but so far so good.
    Fingers are still crossed. Looking forward to cheaper monthly bills.

Hello Ridmeofdebt and sorry to lose you but glad we've been looking after you.

When changing supplier, it's the new supplier that drives the switch. They're responsible for sending the old supplier the meter readings they open their account to. The old supplier uses the same readings to close their account. This stops the same energy from being charged twice.

The readings go through a third party (Data Collector) who checks they're in line with past readings held for the property. Sometimes, the Data Collector will make a change and both suppliers need to use the same amended readings to open/close their accounts. Again, this makes sure charges aren't duplicated.

Provided your new supplier has signed up to Faster Switching (most have but there are exceptions), the change will go through in about two and a half weeks. If not, it could take between 5 and 6 weeks. Once all is through, we'll let you have our final bill and refund any credit balance.

If you've registered with our website and as the switch is underway, your online account will be locked down and you won't be able to make any changes.

Sorry again to lose you Ridmeofdebt but hope this is of interest.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure