£16,000 debt, turning regret into positive action.

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    What a pain about the taste card. Things on auto renew are very annoying.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • LadyP01
    LadyP01 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks lumanous, sometimes alone is better i guess, helps keep you focused as you dont rely on other people. Im determined to be debt free for myself.

So annoying bobarella. I had two things auto renew. I managed to get money back on one. Least with the taste card i can earn that money back with very little effort.

So money crunch time i have done my finances this evening.

Loan--- £16,000 now sitting at £15,527.12

Iv paid £323.62 off on the loan and put £386.60 aside to chuck at the debt in an overpayment.

Currently i have £2839.59 in total cash ready to make a payment on the loan... I also have just under £200 to add to that from another account aswell.

I also have £2687.17 that i dont have access to until september but as soon as i do i will be putting that onto the debt.

So in total that would bring the debt down to: £9840.12

I just need to get the 0% interest cc out so i can be sure i am not paying any nasty interest. :j

That means with the £640 i have to throw at my debts i will meet my target for next year.

:beer:
  • Bobarella
    Horray to that!

• LadyP01
    Good few days all nsd i did have to buy some bits for work but i will get all that back.

Last month i got a refund onto my card of £400 i left my credit cards -£400 in credit to me as im going on holiday at the end of the month and i wasnt sure if my hotel had taken the money yet or would take it when i arrived. This morning i decided to go back and check and a brilliant result- the hotel is already payed for. So i can add that £400 to my debt busting. I just need to work out if its better to leave the money on my card for when i take out the balance tranfer... Or ask for my credit back first? Any recomendations on what would work out financially better? Im thinking getting it back in cash is better but im open to advice before making any changes.

Also turned down a work do. Its an expense i dont need this month so iv decided to go without. Save save save. Also need to chase up an expense claim im still waiting on.

Feeling really confident about getting this loan paid off... All going the right way.
  • Bobarella
    So the card is in credit by £400 and you want to transfer debt onto it? I can't see why you couldn't do that. The £400 will just come straight off the total which is good isn't it?

• LadyP01
    Yh thats what i was thinking so it would just be ok to do the transfer and leave that on it.
  • LadyP01
    Its been a long two weeks with no days off so i havnt done anything in regards to my plan to change things. Hopefully my day off this week i can.

Iv been away for work and my tiredness meant i spent money on a drive thru - not good for the budget or diet. Luckily all my expenses are being paid back to me in cash but its all gone abit crazy so i need to sit down and work everything out.

Im so exhuasted but wanted to pop on to be accountable for my spending and help refocus.
  • LadyP01
    Im back!!!!! What a two weeks that has been. No days off and works been so intense but finally im free and feeling like iv just broken up for school holidays when in reality its just one day off.

I was really worried about my spending as iv not been keeping track i had to use different funds to pay for different things while i waited for my money. To say i felt anxious about my budget would be an understatement.
    Did the bills today and checked the funds and im right where i need to be. Admitedly i cant do much else outside of the preplanned activities i have for the rest of the month but thats ok anyway.
    Calling the bank today for the first small payment on my loan and requesting the offer available to me from my credit card so fingers crossed by tonight that will all be ticked off.

I can feel the tenseness in my shoulder slowly lifting as i type all this and know that actually i have this budget thing covered.
    Also going on holiday and i have more then i need in my holiday account :) so this has also left me feeling relieved.

Best get on and get this list ticked off
  • LadyP01
    Great weekend,

Paid off £3000 on the loan. Coudnt get the 0% offer as i was in credit so iv had to call to get them to pay me the credit and then i can get the offer.

Once all that moneys moved around and sorted ill be able to do a debt total as ill be paying a substancial amount off this month.
    My boss mentioned to me there was a bonus in my pay this month. No idea what it will be, possibly £100 so that will come in handy for paying abit more off.

Iv spent a bit of money this weekend out of my clothes fund. I havnt touched this fund since i started this journey in february. Im happy with my purchases just need to make sure its a one off. You get a high when you buy things and its addictive, i believe this now more then ever as after one purchase iv now caught the bug and want to buy more but i cant.

Iv also spent the weekend pondering my beauty spending drought. Iv not brought any beauty products since february. So for 4 months iv had enough to get me through. Admitedly at the begining of the month i felt i would need to get 2 items, i have lasted may without purchasing but these will need to be brought in june. Im just really impressed, iv changed the way i use my products and mixed them up. I feel to different amd everythings lasted longer then before.
    Iv been following a frugal couple in america who have some rules for being frugal one of which is to not purchase anything without carefull consideration. Iv applied this to my next beauty purchases seeking out the best deals that will last me the longest rather them the cheapest that will only last 1 month.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Well done you seem to making big progress :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback