Bifolds

Comments

• oaks20
    oaks20 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Didn't realise just wanted to tell people about our experience, as we found the whole experience of finding the right door for us and where to buy it from very daunting.
  • oaks20
    leveller2911 all the posts are mentioning brands of doors, so what have i done wrong!
  • ytfcmad
    ytfcmad Posts: 380
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    oaks20 wrote: »
    leveller2911 all the posts are mentioning brands of doors, so what have i done wrong!

Cant you even read your own post? I mean the part where you name the supplier.

That website is a joke as well.
  • oaks20
    edited 22 March 2015 at 7:36PM
    Okay, no need to be rude, new to this . How do i remove it. I agree their site isn't the best, but wasn't buying the site just the product.
  • oaks20
    No worries, have worked it out. Thanks anyway.
  • simonlilly
    simonlilly Posts: 37
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Bought schuco doors last summer and they are awful - the wind whistles through, they were fitted wrongly, parts missing, damage on installation - the list goes on.

Even after a report by Schuco on the doors in Feb 2015, we are 2 months down the line with nothing happening.

The worst money I have spent - Avoid like the plague
  • My partner and I have spent an age trying to find a decent company in London who can supply and fit schuco bifold doors. We're based in Croydon and still haven't found anyone yet. Can anyone make any recommendations? We've taken a look at all kinds of bifolds and are set on getting schuco.
  • al69
    al69 Posts: 65 Forumite
    Another worth looking at is http://www.duration.co.uk/ they are based in essex and found the product good quality and well priced.

We have 4m wide bifolds with intergrated blinds from them and they run very smoothly considering they are 1 meter a leaf.
    The blinds are an expensive extra but work a treat and look superb along with a 10 year guaranteee.

Luckily a family member is a fitter so i helped put them in with him.

They also fitted a set at my brothers house using their fitters and all good too

Duration also have a showroom on canvey island near their huge factory.
  • We're after Schuco bifolds, I had a look at the site and it doesn't look like they sell them.
  • ytfcmad
    ytfcmad Posts: 380
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Geileskey wrote: »
    We're after Schuco bifolds, I had a look at the site and it doesn't look like they sell them.

Use Google.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure