First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Today:
    -work :D
    -mark Umm, ish
    -see naughty children :D
    -get Cmas box down
    -design price list :D
    -paperwork for dd's taekwondo grading
    -park t'other side of dd's school :D but now not nec!
    -brownies :D

Now for breakfast...

Am v pleased that it didn't rain today.:D Saw not only my naughty children but also some other nice ones who wanted to get their hwk done with me around.

I have another reprieve! Dh has his sick note and his boss called - basically, he MUST stay off until the end of the sick note. Shame, huh? So he now returns to work on Friday. He is getting bored of not being able to do much, which is what the last few days on a sick note should be like, in my opinion.

Dd is at brownies - not quite so keen to go this week due to you-know-who. But she trusts Barn Owl and will tell her if anything occurs.

Have kept off sugar and grains today - finally! When I eat them, it makes my face itch. So, why on earth do I do it???? Plonker of the highest order.

Ooh, off to hang up dd's teabag-stained skirt that she is wearing to tomorrow's Stone Age day, and get Christmas out of the loft.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    Ponderations for December for today:

10 days at work and therefore 21 days not at work
    x days both grain and sugar free
    usual budgets?
    exercise: prob not the 10000 kb swings again; maybe a total minutes challenge; or x number of different exercises (press up, various jumps, burpees, lunges, squats, kb swings, sandbag ones...); or x mins of zuzka light stuff
    sort cmas presents (oops - bit of a deadline there...)
    read x books
  • apple_muncher
    My bank account is currently very boring as there is nothing happening to it apart from my weekly cash withdrawals!

This sat:
    -cash, coins,change for fair
    -masking tape
    -table cloth
    -baskets
    -stacker boxes?
    -food and coffee
    -knitting to do if it gets boring
    -price lists
    -scissors
    -notebook and pens and pencils
    -cmas tree
    -'cake stand
    -items to sell(!)
    -box for coinage
  • This afternoon was supremely manic at work - and I was only on the periphery, thank goodness. I blame the full moon.

Has a blessed journey to collect dd - one stretch of road often takes 15 mins to complete, and today I sailed all the way along it in 2 mins.

Governors meeting all done and dusted - I even chaired this one. I am so proud of dd's school.

Finished the 4 school bunnies to show at Saturday's fair.

Kept off grains and sugar.

Have (re)located a website that lists all the free Zuzka Light workouts with their timing and equipment. Awesome! Am getting inspired for Dec! Am going to do a steps total (prob only 31,000), a workout minutes total (not including warm ups)...
  • apple_muncher

This sat:
    -cash, coins,change for fair :D
    -masking tape :D
    -table cloth :D
    -baskets :D
    -stacker boxes?:D
    -food and coffee
    -knitting to do if it gets boring:D
    -price lists :D
    -scissors :D
    -notebook and pens and pencils
    -cmas tree :D
    -'cake stand :D
    -items to sell(!) :D
    -box for coinage :D

All seems to be progressing well for tomorrow. The next focus is on taking plenty of food and drink with me... Dd is going to help me start to set up and then go to dance with dh before rushing back to help me sell.

Dh has been off all week. The eye pressure is still rising, despite the cat flap, which is not very good. He asked to be shown how to 'massage' the eye to help drainage and will be doing that this week. But if the pressure doesn't go down next Thurs, they will do the minor op required to release the sutures.

We went out for coffee today - a luxury! Although dh has been off work for 2 weeks and 2 days, I've only been 'free' on a Friday. The first one, he had to go to the hospital for his post-op check; the second one, I was wiped out and fighting off a lurgi; and then we have today, where we got out - yay!

I found a lot of things today in the charity shops, including a maroon shirt for some bunnies I wish to make for my school fair in 10 days. Gives me a purpose and focus for the next few days: 4 bunnies to make, with yellow/grey detail if I can work it out.

I have been paid and it is pleasing. But I would much rather be working fewer days and have less income. 7 more months of this...and I'm making sure ALL the extra goes off the mortgage. Aren't I good :rotfl:. In total, 9 months of working 4 days should equate to about 6+ months of extra mortgage payment, so worth it, I guess...

Off to see what yellow and grey trim I can muster...
  • Your poor DH. It sounds horrid.
  • apple_muncher
    Thank you small - it certainly is not pleasant. The good news is that thus far, it has not resulted in more loss of vision. They went for the op because he was losing peripheral vision and the op 'should' stop that.

Dd's school are looking for a new caretaker. Wonder if i can get him to apply...!

Dd is not probably not going to dance as she is steadily working her way through the box of balsam tissues we have...
  • Hope your DH's recovery goes smoothly!
  • apple_muncher
    Dd didn't go to dance - how a child as pale as she is can still be a functioning being, I do not know! She did help me to set up and dh came back after an hour to take her home for lunch - luckily we live extremely close to the school - then brought her back for the fair while he scarpered home, returning at the end to help pack up.

And the Fair is over for another year. Made £42.50 after taking away the £20 table fee, which is about 30 better than last year! Having done a 'stock take' I shall be unpicking some stuff, to get the stuffing out of it. And white bunnies with coloured ears are not such a good seller as coloured bunnies.

Now to start thinking about my next fair...maybe....
  • Well done on your improved profits.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure