Debenhams please help

2»

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,631
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Jennifer20 wrote: »
    The Statute of Limitation is I believe seven years, which means a company has to keep records for that period of time. However, with computerisation, records may be kept longer. Dependent on how you paid this account, you own bank statements may help you locate an account number, reference number. If you paid by cash, then that would not help. Don't give up. I did receive a payout from Debenhams,but, I did have my account number, fortunately.

There is a general guidance for companies to keep data for 6 years after account closure, this is not set in stone, only in line with data protection laws not holding data longer than needed. An account closed 11 years ago may have had the data deleted a long time ago as it was no longer needed
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Jennifer20 wrote: »
    The Statute of Limitation is I believe seven years, which means a company has to keep records for that period of time.
    Even if that were true (it isn't), that in no way helps the Op of this thread whose account was closed fully eleven years ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure