IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye - Aire Street Leeds POPLA Decision - Rejected - Next Steps

1235»

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    No, it would nto "automatically" be a hueg winning point. You would need to actually have argued why it was important that it was disclosed, and the judge would have to agree.
  • AGURRU
    AGURRU Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I have replied to the LBCC via email and recorded post so I will update as things progress.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    For future ref when posting items to PPCS you should NOT use "recorded" (now known as "signed for") post

Using a signed for service is counter productive (and a waste of money) with dubious recipients who can refuse to sign for items, thereby being able to prove they were not delivered

A FOC certificate of posting from the post office will suffice
  • AGURRU
    First Anniversary
    Ok thanks. I got Proof of postage too just as a backup.
  • Looks like you're roughly at the same stage as me again for this car park. Good luck
  • AGURRU
    First Anniversary
    Yep. Same boat unfortunately. Interested to see if they go the whole hog!
  • AGURRU
    First Anniversary
    So I received a pitiful reply from PE.

They seem to imply in their response that I didn't pay at all but this was about Grace periods after a short overstay.

They essentially repeated their claim to have landowner authority without providing documentation. They sent the original PCN notice and then said their evidence was submitted to POPLA so that I should have a copy from that decision.

Their response just made me laugh at how little effort they must have put in to it - no attempt to even answer any of my questions in a vague way let alone in depth.

Thoughts? Just wait for a court date if they decide to pursue?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Send them a SAR bomb (search the forum!).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure