I have a successful claim from Barclays (overdraft) using resolver software but is it fair?

Dear Sir /Madam

I have received a successful claim for my overdraft with Barclays.

I used consumer-refund.org to check if I could make a claim.

They replied saying that I could apply and they quoted 1991 as the starting date. However I was not 16 years old until 1993.

I used the resolver software to claim.

They sent me a successful claim to the tune of £1300 approximately.

However they only referenced my overdraft was only mis-sold from the 1st of April 1999 to 1st of August 2002.

I do not have much evidence before about 2006 but I know my overdraft and fees were used for years after 2002.

Any advice or experience will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

David

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    What exactly is the refund covering?

You cant reclaim overdraft charges. So, is it something else like Overdraft PPI or packaged bank accounts?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Hi again. essentially they have agreed that a mis-sold PPI was for only the 3 years of my overdraft/PPI mis-selling.

However would this be the only time I would of been mis-sold PPIi, given that the account did not change from 1993 to 2017?

I would appreciate any other Barclays members who have had a similar case?

reagrds

David
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    PPIforum42 wrote: »
    However would this be the only time I would of been mis-sold PPIi, given that the account did not change from 1993 to 2017?
    No one here (Barclays customers or not) can tell you when or if you may have purchased PPI.

The insurance wasn't simply added to everyone's overdraft on a certain date. Anyone who had it will have agreed to it. Nor was the insurance unilaterally cancelled, that would be the individual customer's own choice. You may not remember that now, of course.

So only the bank's records (or your own archive) can provide this information.
  • Hi does anybody know why every month I get charged a total arrangement fee of £6 and debit interest of £17.54 even thought I never go over my overdraft thank you
  • The bank will be able to tell you.

But unless your overdraft is fee free and interest free, then you'll be charged.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi does anybody know why every month I get charged a total arrangement fee of £6 and debit interest of £17.54 even thought I never go over my overdraft thank you

What does your bank say when you ask them that question?

The charge and interest hints at you going overdrawn into an unauthorised overdraft.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure