Help with filling out PPI forms

Hi everyone, first post here so sorry about asking this but I have had a good search of the forum and my heads in a spin.

I sent out a few letters a couple of weeks ago asking if I had PPI and have had 2 replies back about a Barclaycard and Shop DIrect (Littlewoods catalogue) saying did have PPI with them.

I'm looking at filling in the reclaim forms but they are asking questions I can't remember as it was 12-15 years ago so should I just give up if I can't remember get the details I need?

I believe I was mis-sold the Barclaycard because I was in full-time employment and had savings so didn't need it and have no idea how "account cover plus" got put on to the catalogue account so dont know where to start with that. I just know 100% I would never knowingly take out any kind of "protection" that cost me more money.

Anyway, in the form's they are asking me thing's like.....how I took out the policies (phone, website,ect), how it was sold to me, the information that was given to me about it and things like that but I can't remember anything about them at all.

Am i fighting a losing battle? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Baggi0 wrote: »
    I believe I was mis-sold the Barclaycard because I was in full-time employment

That's the main reason people take it - it's not a mis sale reason. It would have been a mis sale if you HADN'T been in employment. You will need stronger reasons.

All you can do is fill in what you remember. Don't make anything up - they don't expect you to remember everything.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If you had savings why would you have a balance on your account with them paying interest?
  • Baggi0
    Baggi0 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 21 July 2018 at 11:02AM
    That's the main reason people take it - it's not a mis sale reason. It would have been a mis sale if you HADN'T been in employment. You will need stronger reasons.

All you can do is fill in what you remember. Don't make anything up - they don't expect you to remember everything.
    Ah ok thanks.

It's how I got it that gets me, If I can't remember if I did it online or on the phone, I don't know what line to take.

I might just leave it tbh i cant see it being much anyway and as i cant remember anything its probebly not worth the hassle.
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    If you had savings why would you have a balance on your account with them paying interest?
    I always managed my money around interest free cards so didnt pay any. A bit strange i know but i always liked drip feeding payments to pay things off rather than having a big lump come out of my account lol. It also got me an amazing credit rating so it was win win ;)
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Baggi0 wrote: »

I always managed my money around interest free cards so didnt pay any. A bit strange i know but i always liked drip feeding payments to pay things off rather than having a big lump come out of my account lol. It also got me an amazing credit rating so it was win win ;)

If you cleared off your balance every month then you wouldn't pay PPI even if you had it on your account. What I mean is, if you were carrying a balance and paying interest on it, it would make no sense to have savings hence why that is not really a good argument against a PPI complaint.

There is no such thing as an "amazing credit rating". Lenders only look at your credit history and score you internally through their own system. Incidentally, using a credit card or account for responsible borrowing (paying off in full every month) looks better for your record than carrying a balance and paying off slowly even if it's on 0% finance / promotional rate
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure