Simple Question...how often is the State Pension Forecast Updated?

I am currently paying to HMRC Voluntary Class 3 contributions, monthly by direct debit tn increase my State Pension (in 2024). I started doing this in April this year. So, to date I have paid around £360.

However, when I checked the website 'Check Your State Pension' it shows no payments made for this tax year.

Does anyone know how often the above website is updated...or is it only in March of each year??

Many Thanks

Steven
Best Regards

Steven

Comments

• Fermion
    Fermion Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    It's updated by regularly by DWP but the Voluntary Class 3 contributions are paid to HMRC not DWP so I think these payments are only updated quarterly. If you paid any previous year's arrears directly to DWP (as my wife did) these would show faster
  • Thanks. Well I've paid since April, so they should have showed up now in August?! I'll check again in September & if not updated, maybe ring them (which I'm trying to avoid!)

If anyone knows 100% for sure the answer please can you post in here. (Thanks Fermion)
    Best Regards

Steven
  • The_Green_Hornet
    The_Green_Hornet Posts: 1,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 14 August 2018 at 12:23PM
    It is my understanding that any national insurance contributions for the current tax year won't show on your statement until after the current tax year ends, so after 5 April 2019, and even then it may take some time before it appears.

https://www.gov.uk/check-national-insurance-record
  • Oh boy...that's a long wait!
    Best Regards

Steven
  • Hello shalom,
    Your voluntary contributions for this current tax year won't appear until the end of the year. Exactly the same as NI payments paid through employment.
    Voluntary contributions for previous tax years(lump sums)show up almost at once.(or at least after a phone call to chase up!)
    Regards,
    mrwmartin
  • Thanks...that answers my question. I will check in April 2019 (I have 3 years ahead of me to catch up!)
    Best Regards

Steven
  • Do not bother checking in April 2019. It is unlikley to be undated until around June 2019.

Stop moaning about the time it takes to uddate the site as it does not affect you one bit.

Pay your NI and take the state pension when it comes along.
  • IanManc
    IanManc Posts: 2,083 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    drumtochty wrote: »
    Do not bother checking in April 2019. It is unlikley to be undated until around June 2019.

Stop moaning about the time it takes to uddate the site as it does not affect you one bit.

Pay your NI and take the state pension when it comes along.

The OP wasn't moaning. He politely asked for some information, as he was concerned, and some helpful posters provided the answer he needed. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure