All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Comments

• MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Congratulations MT and such wonderful news about your Dad. Hopefully this is the start of better times for all of you! xx
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03/£2000 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6523.98/£15,000
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,216 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Congratulations all round. Relieved for you about your Dad, darling relative has her scan on Monday so we're all on tenterhooks. And good news it was just for show about the job too. Not surprised that you're emotionally drained at all - be kind to yourself this weekend.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£325.00 (65%)     INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£060.00 (13%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thank you MeandO and Joey - it's been a bit of a week to say the least. Fingers crossed for the scan Joey xxx

Am absolutely knackered - bit of a funny day with people finding out I'm leaving. Lots of lovely comments though.
    I also seem to have developed a cold - sore throat and headache - hopefully I can ward it off before it gets stuck in.
    Seeing OH later - will probably come home to sleep though - want to be in my own bed tonight to try to sleep it off.
  • mumblingtaff
    Still have a streaming cold and sore throat. Feel worn out. Stayed at OHs last night but slept really poorly so got up at 6am to come home to let him sleep a bit - I was up and down all night.
    Have to work this morning but should be finished by 12.30 and then I'm off to Liverpool to collect my passport at 2.30. Could really do without it today but needs must.
    Just tidied the kitchen, will whip the Hoover round downstairs now and then am about to have a soak in the bath before walking the dog and setting off for work. If I'm honest , all I want to do today is sleep but that will have to wait until this afternoon. Hopefully, I'll perk up as the day goes on.
    Went to the doctors for my first repeat prescription of Tamoxifen so need to collect that at some point today too.
  • mumblingtaff
    edited 20 May 2018 at 9:05PM
    Morning! Feeling much more human today. The cold seems to have cleared and I'm just left with hay fever now - used to that though.
    Picked up my passport yesterday - was quite impressed with the service - was in there 10 mins and had no issues. Expensive but efficient ;)

Spent an hour or two snoozing in the garden when I got back then cleaned the house, changed the bed and OH came over for the evening and stayed over.
    Was up quite early as we went to bed fairly early and so have taken the dog to the park for a long potter around, cleaned the kitchen, sorted the bins and put a load of washing on. Popped to the little local tesco for a few bits for the week, as we're going away next weekend I'm going to have a use it up week rather than stocking up.

So, it's 9.30 on a lovely sunny Sunday morning and I have no big plans for the first time in ages - will have a relaxed day for a change.
    Just a few more jobs to do then a bit of sunbathing and reading in the garden will be in order.....

1. Second load of washing - in now
    2. Cut back garden grass - done
    3. Quick run to shake off the cobwebs - done
    4. Hoover out the car and wipe the surfaces down - done
    5. Pull out clothes for next week's little holiday and wash if necessary- done
    6. Mark a set of test papers
    7. Update a doc for work (should only take 20 mins) - done
    8. Do the banking and pay a bill for the old car that arrived yesterday

Other than that I'm doing absolutely nothing :):):)
  • mumblingtaff
    Forgot to add that I weighed this morning and have lost over half a stone :)
    I thought clothes felt a bit loose and that my wobbly bits were less wobbly.
    I've been so busy for the last few weeks that I've just not thought much about food etc and have been running quite a bit (2 or 3 times a week) so it's just happened without me obsessing over it.
    Another half a stone and I'd be where I'd like to be.
    Now that's an incentive to get up off the sofa and get my run done...... ;)
  • mumblingtaff
    Had a busy couple of hours - have done a fairly short run to test how I'm feeling, wasn't too bad considering I've been under the weather. Then, whilst still sweaty and unwashed, cut the grass and hoovered out and cleaned the inside of the car. Just put the dirty exercise clothes and other bits in the washing machine and am about to have a little sit in the garden for a while.
    I've decided to do the little bit of work I have to do tonight to make the most of the fresh air and sunshine.
    Let the lazing about commence...... ;)
  • mumblingtaff
    Had a lovely afternoon reading a book in the garden - You Before Me by Jojo Moyes. Managed to read half of it so it must be good. Done a little bit of work and popped over to OHs for an hour and am settling down to watch the new Hugh Grant programme on bbc1 before a nice early night.
    Feel like I've had a day off!
  • mumblingtaff
    Morning all!
    Looks like it's going to be another nice day - just walked the dog and it's pretty warm already.
    On paper, today doesn't look too bad - not much teaching and a shortish meeting after school. Going to try to take the dog back to the vet this evening if I can get an appointment - the antibiotics have improved his sore mouth a bit but he's still not right and refuses to let anyone touch it. He's desperate for a haircut and I can't get it done until his mouth is sorted out - he's too furry and it's not nice for him in this hot weather.

Need to sit down tonight and do the finances too - now everything is settling down I need to look at where I am and get a grip on spending again. I'm not sure it will be pleasant.....

Right, going to tidy away the dry washing and then get in the shower - last week of work before half term - hurrah!!
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Lots going on. so pleased for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business