Single, six kids and going to be debt free!

Comments

• Thanks Joey, yes I don't really have much dignity left after having six of the little darlings!

I have just done a few PA surveys in a row so that was good. Am up to £6.84 pending and £0.50 ready to cash out. Am very pleased with this mornings work!
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,138 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Woohoo just caught up with the last few posts and you've paid another debt. :T

Yes, save for Uni. I had a 'spendy' day yesterday taking my DS to a Uni that he 'hated' and told me he did before going. I would have taken notice but he's either said that or complained about visiting 4 of his 5 choices, including the 2 he actually turned out to like. I'm not going to demand he goes to the fifth though. :rotfl:
  • I agree with the bladder and trampoline comments. It was a total shock how bad it was, but after 4 kids I should have expected it. Of course there are things you can use that would help you keep your dignity, so maybe forewarned is forearmed ;)
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Spendless wrote: »
    Woohoo just caught up with the last few posts and you've paid another debt. :T

Yes, save for Uni. I had a 'spendy' day yesterday taking my DS to a Uni that he 'hated' and told me he did before going. I would have taken notice but he's either said that or complained about visiting 4 of his 5 choices, including the 2 he actually turned out to like. I'm not going to demand he goes to the fifth though. :rotfl:

I know I'm so pleased that I paid another debt off. But now I am a bit what am I going to do with the extra money I make? Hopefully my overdraft will be paid off this month so I think it will have to go to saving towards paying off the two remaining debts earlier.
    I agree with the bladder and trampoline comments. It was a total shock how bad it was, but after 4 kids I should have expected it. Of course there are things you can use that would help you keep your dignity, so maybe forewarned is forearmed ;)

I know, the more kids you have, the worse the bladder control is :rotfl:
  • I agree with the bladder and trampoline comments. It was a total shock how bad it was, but after 4 kids I should have expected it. Of course there are things you can use that would help you keep your dignity, so maybe forewarned is forearmed ;)

I miss my 'teacher bladder' and I've only had 1 child. :(
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • So yesterday was a spendy day again. I took five if the kids to a local soft play and met my friend there with two of her kids. No food was bought as I had already made sandwiches and only bought a jug of squash. Three of the kids decided to use their pocket money to buy themselves a slushie but that meant I didn’t have to pay. Also I said the youngest was 11months so she got in for free. Luckily she is tiny so she actually looks about 10/11 months instead of the 18 months she actually is! The kids enjoyed themselves and it wore them out.

Then I decided to have a little move round of money. I started using YNAB but I didn’t really want to pay for it and I like to forecast what is going to happen and I couldn’t really work out how to do that. Do I set up a spreadsheet that is very similar so all my money is allocated. I still had some money allocated to overdraft charges which hopefully will be minimal if any at all, so I moved some of that. Then I still had some birthday money so I moved that to my savings account to go towards a laptop and I had some money towards new furniture which I had saved from extra money I had received. I moved £10 to saving again and the rest to paying off the overdraft. So everything in my current account looks a bit more normal and the only money I have left that I haven’t allocated is about £200 left over out of my nan’s money. Depending on my ex getting a bonus and if he does, how much I get, this money might stay to help clear my overdraft or I might put it towards our holiday.
  • So I just had a text from the ex to say that £75 had been paid into our old joint account. He asked if it was anything to do with me. I said maybe because I had reclaimed bank charges and they gave me something back but said he could claim for the other half. He said send me the details so I will but he has sent me half of the £75. So that has gone straight to me savings account and means that I am £9.50 off having paid for the girls rugby tour. In theory even though it has been a spendy week with the kids being off school, I still have about £12 left in my spending account so that will hopefully mean I can transfer the £9.50 to savings tomorrow and my next target is a reconditioned laptop for me.

After that the next thing to save for is the holiday I have just booked for me and the kids :eek:. It is in may half term as we won't have time to go away in the summer. But it's at the holiday park we have been to for the last couple of years and it will be nice to get away. I also won't have to pay for childcare in that week!
  • More baking done yesterday so we currently have cupcakes, millionaires shortbread, chocolate fudge and chocolate chip brownies. Later on today, me and DD2 will make some chocolate chip cookies as well. That should see the kids through for puddings and snacks for packed lunches for at least two days!!

Also I'm not going to have much of my budget left this week due to kids being off. I had to go and buy some bits for packed lunches yesterday so I have about £4 left in my spending account but apart from maybe four points of milk, I shouldn't need to spend anything today.

Today I am also going to try and do some more sorting out maybe of the garage and do another tip run. Yesterday we sorted out some bags of toys that were in the garage, so today I am going to sort a bit more of the stuff in there and hopefully reorganised a bit. What I really want is some shelves up on the walls at the back of the garage above my washing machine and tumble dryer and then I will be able to store things like the camping equipment up there out of the way. I also have some camping equipment to sell. I seem to have six coolboxes/fridges in the garage and loft. I only need one so the rest will be sold/chucked I think.

Hopefully the weather will be nice again today and I can dry some washing on the line again. I have south facing garden so as long as the sun is shining, the washing tends to dry. Then I just quickly dry the small bits in the tumble dryer.
  • Storm89
    Storm89 Posts: 592 Forumite
    How exciting having a holiday booked, I'm obsessed with holidays lol hope you get good weather. We have a South facing garden too so clothes dry quickly. Wow you've done well to have accumulated that many coolboxes lol we have to borrow my in laws when we go camping.
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Great news on the holiday and also on having your next savings goal met!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure