Single, six kids and going to be debt free!

Comments

• hugglemonster
    hugglemonster Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Great news that you're going to have your own space in the house, a little sanctuary!

Good luck with the potty training, we didn't potty train our 2 but had a smaller toilet seat to put on the usual seat and a little plastic step so they could reach. I can't remember how long it took them but they adjusted well and I don't think they had many accidents.

H x
  • Mumoffourkids
    Mumoffourkids Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    Well done on the potty training!
    This time of year is great for it, as laundry dries so quickly on the line that any accidents are less stressful and do not leave you with a mountain of wet clothes.

Hope you get 'your space' sorted. You need space too, but I completely understand the kids' spaces come first. I would be the same.

Thanks Foxholes. I have decided I do need a little space that is just my own, even if I don't sleep in it. I need space to put my books and put my photos and bits and pieces up.
    Great news that you're going to have your own space in the house, a little sanctuary!

Good luck with the potty training, we didn't potty train our 2 but had a smaller toilet seat to put on the usual seat and a little plastic step so they could reach. I can't remember how long it took them but they adjusted well and I don't think they had many accidents.

H x

Thanks Huggle, yes its great I have my own little space. And it means I can get my dining table back for the kids to eat dinner at without my sewing stuff all over it.

So my little room is all up and ready. I didn't manage to decorate it last week but my new desk is in and up, I have my bookcase with my books in and I have transferred all my sewing stuff and sorted out all my fabrics. I am also going to leave my laptop up in my room so I can use my desk to work on my laptop as well as do some sewing.

I still need to decorate, put a couple of shelves up on the walls and put some photos of the kids up. I have really high ceilings, so my storage can go quite high really, but then I would have to put stuff up high that I didn't need very often as I'm only short!

In money saving news, I have managed to save £40 from this week's general spending, partly due to the fact that three of the kids were at their dad's all week last week and partly because myself and my oldest daughter were working a lot and therefore eating at work! So we didn't use hardly any of the food I bought the week before either. So this week's food shop is tiny as well!!

I have also started Matched betting as I think my extra income streams are going to run out soon and my plan is that I make an extra £100 per month! So far I have been doing it 5 days and have made £37.08 profit so far. This was using £100 to start off with and I still have the £100. This £100 came from my contingency fund and so I can still access it if I have an emergency. I am hoping to make at least £100 per month if not more doing this.

And in other news, we have decided to rescue a dog. I know I don't seem to make my life easy! This has cost me £50 deposit so I have added that to my income to find this month. My car tax refund has come in though so my current total is as follows:

Total additional income to be made August - £325.71/£459.40 70.90%!!! :j:j
  • Mumoffourkids
    So I have been a bit quiet but this week has been busy with DD1 getting exam results which she did really well with, and DD4's birthday today.

We went out for a meal last night to celebrate the exam results and celebrate DD4's birthday a day early (this means we won't have our usual birthday takeaway tonight!). The meal cost just under £60 for 8 of us which included drinks and puddings so I was happy with that.

Extra income from matched betting is now up to £60 with another possible £15 coming in today. I am very pleased with this and I am hoping that it is something I can continue each month.

I still need to photograph and sell all our old stuff. I really can't face doing a car boot so selling online somehow it has to be.

I have done a little sewing and have been making hair bows for the girls out of ribbon. They have been going down really well so I got some more ribbon and will make some that match their school uniform. They are really quick and easy to sew so I get really satisfied when I finish one.

Right I had better get up and see if the children are awake. Plans for this weekend are to tidy up today, maybe take the kids out and use their annual passes and then hopefully start decorating my room tomorrow.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,257 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Sounds like the meal was very:money::money:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Well done to dd1 on her results :T:T:T. Does she know what she wants to carry on studying, and where?
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Mumoffourkids
    beanielou wrote: »
    Sounds like the meal was very:money::money:

It was very money saving and did two celebrations at the same time. The adults meals were two for £10.79 and the kids got a drink and pudding with their meals.
    Well done to dd1 on her results :T:T:T. Does she know what she wants to carry on studying, and where?

Thanks Apple, she is going to stay at her current school and do A-levels in Biology, Physics and Chemistry and then do an A-Level in French in her own time as she is fluent in French. So not an easy option and a lot of work to do!
  • Mumoffourkids
    So update on money needed to save in August as I have saved some from my weekly budget this week and still going to save some more I think as my spending budget doesn't reset until tomorrow but I still have £17.06 left out of that one.

So updated totals are £365.71/£459.40 79.61%

But I have matched betting profits of £64.77 to come in on Tuesday so I will be a lot closer to my total come Tuesday. I have until Friday to complete and I am sure I will do it.

I have already worked out the extra income I want to try and achieve in September as well. The amount is lower than August but I think some of it may come from my wages as I have worked more hours than I expected.

I still haven't managed to list any items for sale yet though so this total has come purely from other sources.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,257 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Great totals.
    So you are only (!!) looking for another 30 quid or so for this month :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Mumoffourkids
    Yes Beanie and now I am down to £16.67 to get before tomorrow. I saved an additional £14 from my weekly spends last week. In theory I should be able to save that £16.67 from this week's spends so I have nearly completed my mini challenge for the month.

Total extra needed - £450.73/£467.40 96.43% :j:j

I have around £26 profit from matched betting due to come in as well, but not sure if that will arrive today or tomorrow.

I have also updated my signature and I am down to £1249.78 debt. This is only my old debt that had been hanging around for ages and doesn't include the finance on the new car. As soon as the old debt is gone (Next Thursday!!!) I will update my signature to include the car finance as I am hoping to pay that off a lot quicker than the five years the loan is over! Next Friday I need to phone the finance company and ask how I overpay and the details etc.

I haven't sold anything yet but I did list some shoes on FB but no interest. I might try and list them on ebay later on tonight to see if they go on there. Most are kids shoes and have hardly been used.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Morning!
    I would not have been able to stop myself paying it down to £1234.56
    Honestly, you should see me at the petrol pump, I am a nightmare....

Well done, you are storming through this.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure