IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Millennium Parking Services Appeal rejected

Options
scrumpyjill
scrumpyjill Posts: 5 Forumite
Hi there

I have read through a lot of the info on this forum but still don't understand what my next step is.

14/06/2018 - PCN received on Enterprise Park Swansea - parked on the entrance road to a set of buildings on a main road in the Enterprise Park - signs much further back on what looks to be the actual entry to the car parking for the buildings.

20/07/2018 - Sent appeal to MPS on their appeals section as per the template on here - this included the part that I will not accept any response from them by email.

26/06/2018 - Keeper received response as a letter attached to an email. There is no Notice to Keeper information on this letter.

Unsure if I should post the wording of their reply?

Can anyone help as to what my next step is? It wasn't the keeper either, but have not stated that in the appeal.

Unsure if this is relevant or not, but the actual PCN is barely legible in parts - as if someone's wiped the ink off a lot of it.

Many thanks.

:)

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 3 August 2018 at 8:09AM
    Options
    I have read through a lot of the info on this forum but still don't understand what my next step is.
    Have you attempted to contact the landowner and ask them to intervene? It may not work, but sometimes it does.

Beyond that, there is no next step for you unless/until MPS issue court proceedings, which, if you don't want to pay what they are claiming, you put up a robust defence and associated other paperwork, then let a Judge determine whether the charge is payable. They have 6 years to issue court proceedings.

I know you'll find this answer frustrating, but there is really nothing more you can now do but wait and see what the next move is by MPS.

Why not complain to your MP - there's important private parking stuff to shortly go through Parliament - get him involved to get the law changed.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    PCN received on Enterprise Park Swansea - parked on the entrance road to a set of buildings on a main road in the Enterprise Park - signs much further back on what looks to be the actual entry to the car parking for the buildings.

Did you actually pass any MPS signs prior to parking. Retrace your route and see if you missed any. Take pics of the road to show (if you need to) there was no warning of entering a "controlled zone".

Also look up Liverpool JLA and the signs there for contrast to what should be up rather than the flimsy MPS ones.
  • scrumpyjill
    edited 14 August 2018 at 7:22AM
    Options
    Hi again

Okay so yesterday the keeper received a NTK. Looking for payment of £100. It states within the wording on the really flimsy paper they have printed it on:

"The liability for the charge in light of the contravention was brought to the attention of the driver by clear signage on the site at the time of parking."

This is definitely not the case - if they had seen any warning notices the driver would not have parked where they did. There is signage further back just before the bend in the road leading to the estate. The red/yellow sign is facing outwards towards where you turn into the road but is much further back and you don't pass it or even drive near to it (or even notice it!). There is also another sign set sideways behind that one that isn't visible to anyone looking towards the red/yellow sign.

Should they still be leaving this and not doing anything with it?

Also to note: There were 3 cars that parked there together. For this PCN the appeal was sent in later than the other two cars (a few days), and they have yet to receive any response to their appeals or receive a NTK. Is anyone aware of why this would be?

Thank you all so much for reading and for any help - it is really appreciated!
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    After the initial appeal there is nothing else to do when dealing with IPC companies except wait and see if they take court action against you

(See #2 & #3 above - did you take those pics you were advised to in case you need them in future?)

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor here and can use your posts against you
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 13 August 2018 at 12:18PM
    Options
    Who is MPS chasing, you or the registered keeper? Did you appeal (in your own name/address) or did you appeal (in the name/address of the RK) or did the RK appeal (in their name and address).

It's a little bit confusing as to who is doing what at the moment.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the House of Commons recently

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As advised above, you need to edit post 4 to remove information about who parked. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper.

Parking scammers read these fora and have been known to use information from here against motorists.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • scrumpyjill
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    After the initial appeal there is nothing else to do when dealing with IPC companies except wait and see if they take court action against you
    Okay, thanks.
    (See #2 & #3 above - did you take those pics you were advised to in case you need them in future?)
    Yes I have
    Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving.

You need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving.

The ppcs monitor here and can use your posts against you
    Done
  • scrumpyjill
    edited 14 August 2018 at 7:23AM
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Who is MPS chasing, you or the registered keeper? Did you appeal (in your own name/address) or did you appeal (in the name/address of the RK) or did the RK appeal (in their name and address).

It's a little bit confusing as to who is doing what at the moment.
    MPS is chasing the keeper. At no time has the keeper stated who was driving, and the appeal was done by the keeper.
  • scrumpyjill
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    Will do, thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport