Confused about claiming for deceased releative

Morning

I am the Administrator for my sisters estate. At the time of her death I was told that I could claim PPI for her loans/cards but did not have the headspace to do so.

Its been a few years now and am wondering if I have left it too late? And where do I start? The guide on the forum briefly covers it but would love to contact a resource for help.

Many thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    You can put in a complaint (not a claim) if you have mis sale reasons and are the executor.

Remember your reasons need to be factually based.
  • Thank you -

Oh I see, so rather than use the resolver software to claim, I write to Barclays etc., and submit my complaint that way.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,030
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Oh I see, so rather than use the resolver software to claim, I write to Barclays etc., and submit my complaint that way.

Correct. Its easier than resolver too.

Remember that you cannot make allegations that you cannot prove as executor. i.e. you cannot say they didnt know about it or make allegations of what was or was not said. You have to stick to factual reasons.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure