2019 Keep Moving Challenge

Comments

• MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,564
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Senior Ambassador
    MallyGirl wrote: »
    Hi
    I'd like to join in. I managed 1000 miles in 2017 but 2018 saw a couple of foot injuries which held me back.
    This year I am setting the target of doing something active (beyond the daily dog walking) for at least 30 mins every week. This might be a run or swim or horse ride or maybe even cycle. It might not sound that ambitious but I managed 2 runs last year - in total!
    I had a free trial at the local running club last night and lived to tell the tale (current 5k pace is 40 mins so I am no runner). I will go again next week - I get 3 free before I have to join.

Failed last week as I got an unexpected invite to a job interview - my first in over 20 years. All spare time got thrown at producing 2 presentations for it. I didn't get the job but I think it was still a worthwhile experience - unfortunately all the hunching over the laptop into the wee small hours led to something going twang at the base of my neck and a terrible headache behind my eyes for 3 days so nothing beyond dog walking happened.
    I also tried to distract myself from the discomfort with lots of rubbish food :(
    Line drawn - start again.
    I am going to my 2nd free run club tonight to see if I can get the hang of that. I also have a trip to the Spa on Monday where I will swim for an hour or so.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • I'm up to 39.2 miles (out of an annual target of 1000), so I'm currently doing about 75% of the mileage I need to in order to hit my target. But as I've said before, I'm not very well at the moment and the weather isn't great so (hopefully!) after the operation, and with the arrival of lighter mornings and evenings, I expect my mileage to pick up.
    MFW2023 challenge #99: £1090.11 / £1,000 MFiT-T6 (Jan 2022 - Jan 2025) challenge #99: Reduce mortgage to £400,000. Current balance = £413,551.19 Initial MF date (23rd Aug 2022): Sep 2051 Current MF date: Jul 2051 Last updated: 15/06/2023
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,888
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I'm only managing about half of what I'd intended to walk. Must do better.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • alba7
    alba7 Posts: 230
    First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    I made it over the elusive 40 miles this week - 40.16 miles to be exact! Last week was 39.97, which was really annoying. If I’d noticed in time, I’d have gone for an extra walk up the street in the evening to get to 40 miles. I hate odd numbers!
  • Jazee wrote: »

Me too.
    32.65 km for the week 97+ for the year. Wanted to do 50 km per week.
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Back from injury / blisters .... 54.2 miles run this week
    93 miles ytd.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    240,310 steps so far this year
  • Jazee wrote: »

I am considerably under my clycling mileage target, but I never expected it to be a linear target, the colder weather is not conducive to longer rides but as the weight comes off and the weather improve I plan to ramp up the longer day rides.

Way over the weight loss target though, 5.7 kilos lost so far, helped by starting the MMEL (move more eat less) program alongside having a dry January.
  • Up to 72.58 miles so far.

A little bit behind where I want to be - I’ve been unwell with a virus so hoping now that’s all shifted and I’ll be able to walk a bit more this week :)
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    94 miles , also a little bit behind. Caught that cold/chesty thing everyone had over Xmas, started well and then the second week was absolutely floored, I'm about 17 miles behind where I want to be, but it's early days!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure