Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• cranford
    cranford Posts: 797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 April 2019 at 7:43PM
    Options
    Madison58, I too have a good service from Avro but what more do customers of Avro want? They want Avro to get to grips and provide timely ways of contacting them whether by telephone or email, they often don't seen to have a telephone system that's up and running and emails take a week. Many also complain that they hang on to large credit balances as long as possible whether its built up over the year or due as the result of a switch. It not acceptable that customers wait for more than two week let alone the six weeks or more that seems to be their norm. its not acceptable that they take another DD after a switch whether a customer is in credit or not. They like customers to keep the DD open after a switch but on their part they must stop taking these payments.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cranford wrote: »
    . . . its not acceptable that they take another DD after a switch whether a customer is in credit or not. They like customers to keep the DD open after a switch but on their part they must stop taking these payments.
    From some recent posts, Avro have started to reduce DDs to zero during a switch. I am currently on a promise but not sure yet whether they are good to their word.

I get the impression that someone (Ofgem?) might have had a word in their ear recently.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Maddiemoo
    Options
    Very disappointed!
    I transferred to Avro in April 2017 as they appeared to be cheaper than my existing supplier but I now know I was wrong!
    At the end of the first year with them I ended up owing £333, which I had to pay in one go & which is a lot of money to find, they didn't suggest upping my direct debit during the year. Now at the end of this, the 2nd year with them, I owe £236! Again extra money I have to find.
    I have contacted Avro via email several times over the 2 years & they always take over a week to reply. I have changed supplier with effect from 14-3-19 & it has taken Avro until today to calculate my final bill!
    I am hoping I will have a better experience this time around with the new supplier- if not I think maybe sticking with the big suppliers is a better option?!
    I would seriously recommend avoiding Avro!
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Maddiemoo wrote: »
    I am hoping I will have a better experience this time around with the new supplier- if not I think maybe sticking with the big suppliers is a better option?!

Now that big suppliers are starting to actively compete on price, I'm sure that many will agree with you.
  • Naivasha
    Options
    Have been with Avro this past year and have had no problems at all. Having to read my meters each month is probably the only downside but my initial quote has been met.
  • colinblue
    Options
    I switched suppliers in Jan, Avro took another DD in Feb after the account was closed. They have stopped responding to my emails and the phone number leaves you on hold for over 20mins :mad:so I have had to go to the Ombudsman
  • Catriona_P
    Catriona_P Posts: 843 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just had my first bill from Avro since November last year - for some reason using estimated readings (this is despite me providing accurate ones via their website every month including two weeks ago). The estimated figures are only slightly less than my real ones so I don't see the point at this stage in trying to contact them (which is nigh on impossible anyway). But it does make you wonder if your meter readings are going straight into a black hole somewhere!
    "Why, this is hell, nor am I out of it."
  • Alpha_5
    Alpha_5 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Catriona_P wrote: »
    I've just had my first bill from Avro since November last year - for some reason using estimated readings (this is despite me providing accurate ones via their website every month including two weeks ago). The estimated figures are only slightly less than my real ones so I don't see the point at this stage in trying to contact them (which is nigh on impossible anyway). But it does make you wonder if your meter readings are going straight into a black hole somewhere!

I phoned them at 2pm a few days back and got through in just under 10 mins.
  • Bean_counter_2
    Options
    Good until you want any of your money back from the balance on your account. They refuse to give what you ask for in full and it then takes a month of wrangling to actually get it. Lots of procrastination from their side to keep hold of your money for as long as possible.
  • Bean_counter_2
    Options
    Calling them is a nightmare
    Keep you on hold forever. Only open Monday to Friday 9 to 5.30pm so trying to call them during the working day is very difficult.
    E mails take 6 working days to reply to.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback